Do you eat all of your syns?.....

foi1983

....and how does it affect your weight loss?

I feel really naughty eating any syns on top of the free food and healthy extras.
How important is it to eat the syns?

I generally have only 2-6 syns a day (the 6 for cheese when I am on a Green Day). I dont eat chocolate that much really and I dont drink, so there isnt any point having syns for those.
My weight loss tends to be the same as everyone's on here, so thats ok with me!
The syns are there not only for you to have that extra naughty something, but if you wanted something like tomato sauce, mayo, extra piece of bread you can and not feel guilty about it.
If you feel that you need the syns to keep you going, then do, but if you feel that you are forcing yourself to eat something that you wouldnt normally have just because you can, then you have to decide if that is for you.

I hope that makes sense!!!!

Good luck with your journey!

Kerry-Ann

It is important to have syns - never go under 5. The reason being, if you reach a plateau (and most people do) you will have something to cut back on. If you have been having less than 5 syns, you will find it hard to cut that back anymore.

I usually have aroun 10. I spend mine on extra light mayo, curry paste, butter for jacket potatoes, and sugar free jelly.

what about milk. im really struggling with the amount of semi skimmed milk your allowed as im used to having at least 10 cups of tea a day

I rarely use my HEXA. When I do, I use it for cheese or milk in my pasta and sauce.

I spoke with my consultant about the struggle to eat more than 2 syns in any day and her reply was...as long as I dont feel deprived to the point of wanting to binge, then it was ok to do that.

GOOD GOD I HAVE ALL 15 OF MY SYNS IT'S REally important for me to feel that i'm not depriving myself and my losses are always fine , i used to cut out syns mid week and save em for the weekend binge but it didnt work as well XXX

All of the classes i have been to in my area in the last 5 years is have said to me to have 10 per day, so i normally have 10, when i'm good and sticking to plan properly i have good losses. If i'm feeling that i'm really craving chocolate i have 15. I normally spend all my syns on chocolate, however i'm going to try and cut back on it on 2009, as it leads me into a downward spiral. I think the key is to find what works for you x

I have around the 10 mark.
I have a lil packed of sweets every night around 7.30 ish and that really satisfy's me b4 bed...they're 5 1/2 syns!
Also i always have tomato sauce, i now buy asda's own brand as it's only half a syn for a tbsp

XXX

My syns vary... but I don't like diet yogurts, I have an Activia every day for my breakfast with my HexB cereal. That is around 3.5 syns just to start with. And if I want brown sauce or ketchup on something, I have it... I know it's a few syns for that too, even though I don't dish it out by the spoonful so I don't know how much I'm having exactly. I just dollop out a sensible amount and don't worry about it too much. I probably have at least 5 syns every day just by normal eating.

I tend not to eat crisps/sweets as it's nice to be able to use olive oil, for instance, for my roast veg and if I've snacked all my syns away during the day, then I feel that it cuts into the quality of the cooking I might want to do later. And I personally find a nicely cooked meal more satisfying than a bag of crisps. But that's just what works for me.

But the point is... I do use my syns, to varying degrees, and still have good losses.

I use mine for mayo and salad dressings. Oh and wine, but as I never stop at my limit if I have wine(and don't lose anything either) I have decided to stop the wine for a month and look at the results!

I don't have more than 5 syns in general, but I know I have more milk than I should, and think i probably have other syns elsewhere without really realising it...licking fingers when I'm making kids tea etc. I figure that if I presume I'm cheating accidentally then I'm safe. Having said that I do sometimes have bonus syns in the evening if I know I've been really good all day.

I usually have around 10 a day but often go up to 15. I always have a small wafer or kit kat in the evening (about 6 syns) and a couple of rich tea mid afernoon (4 syns). I tend to count the extra 5 for milk as I drink quite a bit of coffee and use my HEX A choice on milk for cereal.
When I was struggling to get to target though (the last half stone took an eternity....) I cut back to 5 a day.
Jay x

Back