Do you eat the same portion sizes as before?

Lucylu79

Gold Member
For me before being nearly 3 stone heavier, I do still eat the same sizes and my weight has slowed and I'm nearly at target I should add,

I try to think about the whole 'eat until you are full' rule but take today's food as an example:

B/f:Banana, 2 x Alpen lights, apple and orange.
Lunch:Homemade speed soup, muller light.
Tea: 2/3 of plate cabbage and leeks, mash (nothing added), 3 x meat free sausages 3 syns, 2 x level tsp gravy. 2 syns

I'm trying a success express day hence the 2/3 sf.

I'm aloud 1 more heb which I will have with later with a options 2.5 syns.

I've not long had my tea and yet already waiting for something else, I seem to think about food and what I'm eating next all the time!

Just wondering if anyone has reduced portion size successfully and found that actually they needed to do so being so much lighter?

Thanks xx

I have reduced my portion size but it has taken its time. I have been doing sw on and off for over 2 years and have just slowly reduced my portions and now thankfully i fill up quicker and i also drink some water before my breakfast, lunch and dinner that helps also. Some people can get away with large portions but unfortunately i never get away with it x

I have been trying to reduce my portions as well, losses have slowed right down, it is hard as I make recipes with the same quantities out of habit, then like to finish it all as I hate saving things and having them again the next day, and stuff that has been frozen is never as appealing when reheated, talking soups curries etc. I cannot get away with eating as much as some on my fb group do that's for sure!

My losses also slowed right down. I used to have cereal for breakfast, and something like a Pasta n Sauce or Batchelor's savoury rice for lunch. I was shocked when I realised how calorific those things are (despite being free), so for the last few weeks I've been having fruit and yoghurt for breakfast, and ryvitas and cottage cheese, salad etc for lunch. I've kept evening meal portions pretty much the same, but the change in breakfast/lunch seems to have made the weight move a bit quicker. As my OH put it, I can't expect to eat the same as I did when I was nearly 7 stone heavier and expect to lose weight at the same rate.

My weight gain was down to eating the wrong things and huge portion sizes. My appetite is now very much reduced. The most useful thing I did from the start was swap my dinner plate for a side plate and my big bowl for a small one. The small plate helps me judge portion sizes with put weighing and psychologically I don't feel deprived. I eat much more slowly by chewing thoroughly, put my knife and fork down between mouthfuls and always leave something-even if it's a single pea lol ! This has helped me get over the 'you must eat everything on your plate thing. It was hard at first, especially the eating slowly thing- but this means my belly has time to register the food and I don't eat to bursting point.

Back