Do you eat your weekly/activity points?

laurenxx23

I feel like if i eat them i will be eating too much to lose weight, it seems to good to be true

so i was wondering if everyone eats their weekly points and activity points or just daily ones?

I only eat my daily points. I have never eaten weekly or activity, and always had a good loss. It works for me as I don't want to eat just for eating sake. I do try and use all of my daily points though...

Hi Lauren

I usually eat most of my weeklies but only if I'm hungry, I don't force myself to eat them. I've never ate my activity points but it really is different for everyone and you just need to work out your own balance. Good luck.

Eat my dailes' rarely eat weeklies, and never eat activity points.

When In lost weight in 2011 on WW, I usually used all my weeklies as they recommend you did at my class. And as I had a very busy social life I mainly used them for alcohol. on weeks where I wasn't out, Id use them to have a chinese!. I still had a great weight loss every week! But as others have said before me everyone is different. So I suppose its a bit of trial and error!

I always use all my weeklies cos I'm greedy!!!! Lol..... That's why I put weight on it the first place because I like to nibble, graze and snack between meals! That why ww is so clever they know that if they keep some pp to one side and let us have them it makes us feel like we are enjoying a little treat so we feel satisfied! But without the guilt! Love it, very pleased with my losses, never feel deprived and its also a great way to maintain it as a life change!! Happy happy happy!!!:gimi:

Last edited:
I have been wondering the same thing. The first week I avoided eating them and tried to cut out chocolate and it ended in a massive binge. This week I have divided them between the days so that I can sort of gradually cut down the amount of choc I am eating. Like today I had a hot choc, 5 pp and a cookie, 5pp. Both within my daily of 30 + the weekly for that day.
Eventually I plan to not use them but for now they are serving the purpose of helping not binge.
Do you guys think it's a good idea?

I have been wondering the same thing. The first week I avoided eating them and tried to cut out chocolate and it ended in a massive binge. This week I have divided them between the days so that I can sort of gradually cut down the amount of choc I am eating. Like today I had a hot choc, 5 pp and a cookie, 5pp. Both within my daily of 30 + the weekly for that day.
Eventually I plan to not use them but for now they are serving the purpose of helping not binge.
Do you guys think it's a good idea?

My advice would be to not eat the foods that might make you binge but I know that's a controversial view!

Yeah it's the conflicting views of either cut it out completely or in moderation or treat. For me it's learning what I can do, if this week hasn't worked dividing my points them I'll try again next week until I get it right :)
Do you think it's best to use them on a takeawAy/ blowout or just if you go over one day?
I have so many questions with regard to the weekly ones, I don't go to a group so I have no one to ask xx

Do what feels right for you. A good way of cutting down chocolate, whilst still getting a coco fix is to have a Cadburys options hot chocolate for 1pp (hazelnut, Fudge, Bournville and caramel flavours), and one or two WW Chocolate digestives (1pp for one, 3pp for two)...An options and one WW biccie would be 8pp saved from your dailies that you could use on 'other things' when compared with your 10pp hot choc and cookie above....but it is for you to decide if the 10pp is worth the cost to you...if it is...go with it :)

Yeah it's the conflicting views of either cut it out completely or in moderation or treat. For me it's learning what I can do, if this week hasn't worked dividing my points them I'll try again next week until I get it right :)
Do you think it's best to use them on a takeawAy/ blowout or just if you go over one day?
I have so many questions with regard to the weekly ones, I don't go to a group so I have no one to ask xx

I CAN'T do the moderation thing. So no cheese, crisps, white flour, or sugar for me. I'm getting used to it now.

I don't eat crisps, and if I eat cheese/bread I use weight watchers 1pp ones (very rarely) For me it's literally chocolate that tempts me.
Ahhh I will have to try the ww biscuits and a hot choc. I love the sound of the options ones. That may help curve my chocolate cravings.
I feel it's still trial and error for me at the moment xx

I don't eat them all but use them as a buffer for my weekends, so I can have that Chinese and not worry about it. I find it easier that way and to have a treat on my weigh in days to have what I've been craving so I don't ruin my hard work. But it doesn't always work for everyone

Yeah if eating them this week doesn't work I may save them for treat night on weigh in day but maybe not use them all.
I got an exercise DVD today that I can start so that should earn me some activity but don't plan on using them at all x

You need to to what is right for you, but also you have to be able to sustain your eating habits. Two years ago I lost 3 1/2 stone very quickly, I didn't eat anything deemed as forbidden, and that was fine, but no way could I stay on that track forever! I put on weight because I love my food and I ended up craving all the "forbidden" foods I'd tried so hard not to eat! As soon as I reached goal that was my excuse to eat all the things I had missed! This time on ww I eat all my points all my weeklies, I have a smaller Chinese portion, a few bits of chocolate and a bag or two of lower point crisps, I don't deprive myself at all and still loose weight! Also I knew I will be able to keep to it!!!! But we are all different so do what you think is best for you!! : )
ps don't eat activity points either....

Last edited:
I completely agree :)

Fad diets don't work, you cannot maintain them and you ruin your metabolism by doing yoyo diets. This is why I am taking my time to find what's right for me. A girl I worked with asked me today how long I aim to be on ww for and I said a year to lose my 3 stone and 2 further years to maintain it. That's how long your body takes to reset it's 'set point' and acknowledge you have lost weight (and therefore produce less leptin) That's why fad diets don't work.
Figure out what's best for you and go with it :)

I eat them! In my opinion they wouldn't be there if you weren't supposed to used them.

I don't "aim" to use them or force myself but with working long shifts they come in handy.

I agree that not being too restrictive makes its easier to maintain your weight loss

Yeah I've found restricting myself led to me binging. I may not use my weeklies wisely though. I'm still learning x

Back