Do you enjoy meetings?

*Claire-Bear* said:
I think ile try another group ....... I agree that paying a fiver to weigh n go is a bit of a waste ... even more so if u have gained as youve literally just payed to be told u put on weight, which could have been done at home ...... Thanks for the advice. Im not sure why some people seem to think places like slimming world, weightwatchers are for older people tho ?? some of us wanna learn how to eat sensibly .. and maybe loose weight along the way xxxxxx

I agree about the age thing, although there is now another girl my age who comes with her mum so I'm not quite so the odd one out now. Personally I am not someone who has been on diet after diet yo-yoing up and down. My habits changed for the worse and my weight crept up to reflect it so I wanted to nip it in the bud and relearn good habits. This is definitely a lifestyle change for me and I refuse to call it a diet and correct any of my friends and family who call it that! I really hope you find a nice group, the support makes all the difference, along with this site for recipes and stuff, best decision I've made in a very long time! Keep us informed about how your group goes xx

I do enjoy my class, but its just such a long day when you work all day, then have to go to a class in the evening, more Saturday classes required in my opinion!
I am up at 5.30am, work til 4.30, then have to go and do a food shop as my class starts at 5.30, not home til gone 7 in the evening, makes for a very long day!

I agree about the age thing, although there is now another girl my age who comes with her mum so I'm not quite so the odd one out now. Personally I am not someone who has been on diet after diet yo-yoing up and down. My habits changed for the worse and my weight crept up to reflect it so I wanted to nip it in the bud and relearn good habits. This is definitely a lifestyle change for me and I refuse to call it a diet and correct any of my friends and family who call it that! I really hope you find a nice group, the support makes all the difference, along with this site for recipes and stuff, best decision I've made in a very long time! Keep us informed about how your group goes xx

Ah thats good ! most the ppl at my class were 40+ :eek: .... no wonder i felt a little odd ..... theres millions of groups now eh, im sure ile find a nice one soon ....... thanks for your help xxxxx

*Claire-Bear* said:
Ah thats good ! most the ppl at my class were 40+ :eek: .... no wonder i felt a little odd ..... theres millions of groups now eh, im sure ile find a nice one soon ....... thanks for your help xxxxx

Excuse me but 40+ is not old.....we're the new 30's!

*Claire-Bear* said:

Just thought it was amusing that you felt odd that most of the people at your class were 40+ eek ! * it was meant light heartidly *

We have a really mixed age range in our group!I also put people straight in a lighthearted way when they call it a diet. If so, I have been n this "diet" for a long time (14 months). Its not a diet, its a way of life, been at target and kept to it now since July last year. My eating habits have changed so much and I am eating things I would never have eaten 2 years ago. S W rocks:):):D:D:D:):):)

Just thought it was amusing that you felt odd that most of the people at your class were 40+ eek ! * it was meant light heartidly *

Ahh i thought it may be but i was worried id offended :eek::eek: hehe, i was chattin earlier on about how a group of women looked me up n down n said i was too young to be there .... hence the 'odd' word being used ... :rolleyes:

Ahh i thought it may be but i was worried id offended :eek::eek: hehe, i was chattin earlier on about how a group of women looked me up n down n said i was too young to be there .... hence the 'odd' word being used ... :rolleyes:

Goodness me you didnt offend me, it would take a lot to do that!:)
If people looked you up & down that could be jealousy as looking at your stats you've not got much to lose & they may have wandered what you were doing there! How can you be too young (unless you're a child), if you feel you have weight to lose,what diffference does it make how old you are???
You're on the vertically challenged side like me lol, & every pound seems to show....you stick with it & good luck :)
P.S Is that your cat in your avatar? Love it!

I feel I need to stay to meetings as I might not be motivated if I just did weigh-in. My group has had a few consultants in the 2 months I've been going, but I think the current one is here to stay for a while. Also, it is my night out! lol

Age is just a number, my number just happens to be 66:D but that is just my body, the brain is still somewhere in the early twenties

lardylady said:
Oh my God! That must be terrible, breathing the same air as a bunch of geriatrics.

Think this comment is somewhat out of place, clairebear was replying to me when I said that I also felt the odd one out being 25 and by far the youngest in my group but now there is someone my age. Clearly no offence was meant by the original statement when it is read in context.

I found it boring, what was worse was the people who spoke got the longest were also the quietest and as I'm partially deaf I would spend 10 mins in bliddy silence!
I don't understand how " X lost 3lb this week *clap* how did you do it, how much do you want to lose next week *clap* well done" is inspiring?
Although hate the WW diet I did enjoy the talk, although the best talks were done by Scottish Slimmers (they had another name but no longer operate in England). The rest of the talk would centre around how many syns in alcohol or chocolate, neither of which interest me.
I go straight from work one week and am do tired I'd fall asleep anyway!

I'm not wasting my money as I use it to remain accountable!

kim63 said:
Goodness me you didnt offend me, it would take a lot to do that!:)
If people looked you up & down that could be jealousy as looking at your stats you've not got much to lose & they may have wandered what you were doing there! How can you be too young (unless you're a child), if you feel you have weight to lose,what diffference does it make how old you are???
You're on the vertically challenged side like me lol, & every pound seems to show....you stick with it & good luck :)
P.S Is that your cat in your avatar? Love it!

Bless ya. Im 25, look sort of ok on the outside but have a host of medical issues going on that stop me from being as healthy as I would want ... Infact them lot who looked me up n down are probably healthier than me hehe ....

Thats my lil Ruby in the photo :)

Good luck to you too ... Im sure your guna do fabulously :) xxx

ScarlettStar86 said:
Think this comment is somewhat out of place, clairebear was replying to me when I said that I also felt the odd one out being 25 and by far the youngest in my group but now there is someone my age. Clearly no offence was meant by the original statement when it is read in context.

Totally Agree!

*Claire-Bear* said:
Bless ya. Im 25, look sort of ok on the outside but have a host of medical issues going on that stop me from being as healthy as I would want ... Infact them lot who looked me up n down are probably healthier than me hehe ....

Thats my lil Ruby in the photo :)

Good luck to you too ... Im sure your guna do fabulously :) xxx

I think women being women we tend to look, so I wouldn't take it personally its human nature. But good for you for staying to class & at least you're doing something for your health by following this healthy way of eating, I'm sure it could only help in the long run.
Your cat Ruby looks as tho she's laughing at the camera.....adorable as I love cats

Back