Do you enjoy your job ???

I think everyone gets the Sunday night blues (unless they work weekends) no matter how much they love their job. I get them and I'm unemployed at the moment. Have a couple of interviews and another application in at the moment though so hopefully something will come up soon, there's two I can't decide which one I'd prefer to have actually, its between working in an infant school or secondary school, ones less hours but the other is temporary until Summer... one is a better school then the other, but again, when your looking at the difference between infants and secondary does it matter so much as they're so different anyway?

Ahhh only 19 :D Woop! Plus we've 4 half days between now and then, oh yeh haha! I actually wanted to smash my face off the floor with my class today. It apparently doesn't matter how many times I say remember capital letters and full stops...it seems to be optional!

Haha bless how old are the kids you work with at the mo?

Have found a job I'm going to apply for as my temp position ends at Christmas.

Job Details

Have never worked in that sector before which is making my CV hard work...any advice? Also, just realised earlier that I read HappyHoliday's response but never replied. I have thought about training but unfortunately any of the courses I'm interested in don't start until September so I'll have to wait it out.

OOooo good luck, no idea about advice sorry I'm rubbish, just try and show how although you haven't worked in that sector before that your skills are transferable. Your good at managing people as you can manage a class of children and can also speak in front of both children and adults (assembly lol) you can also say how you can work with a wide range of people, children, other teachers, parents, support staff ect. and are empathic to their different needs.

Ta Donna :) they're 8 and 9 the ones I have and they're honestly lovely but I may cry if they don't start punctuating lol!

My mum is doing my head in, was trying to make a cv there for that job and she started the whole 'it's a waste of a degree...of brains etc' for a start if would be different if I had a full time job and therefore a consistently good income but at the min it's temp and contrary to popular (my mums) belief I can't bloody temp forever! I've had to leave the room before I murder her lol!

Have found a job I'm going to apply for as my temp position ends at Christmas.

Job Details

Have never worked in that sector before which is making my CV hard work...any advice? Also, just realised earlier that I read HappyHoliday's response but never replied. I have thought about training but unfortunately any of the courses I'm interested in don't start until September so I'll have to wait it out.

i actually meant working as a trainer, not re-training:D

i've just looked at the vacancy & my initial thoughts are:-

Reception - you are use to dealing/speaking to people of all levels (parents)
complaints - you have to deal with awkward/cheeky/unreasonable children & parents & have to speak to solve their complaint in a calm & effective manner.
POS - computer literate & quick to learn, do you have a form of database at school.
used to dealing with new situations - your temp work.
Thats all i can think of for now, you could think of all the skills you have & apply them to the position you are applying for.

you also need to think of a positive reason for leaving teaching, i wouldnt say it was stressful as this position implies it could be stressful at times.

If you can't think of something else, you could always say your looking for new challenges...

It's funny really, I've been applying for school jobs and talking about my office work and putting it in ways which would show I could work well in a school, whereas now your doing it in reverse.

Mine is a marmite job! I am a nanny for 2 boys aged 7 and 4. I rarely have an ok day,its either great and I love it or its awful and I hate it! (more great days than hate daya though or I wouldn't still be doing it!)
I think if I could have been with this family since the boys were babies it would be different as I could have shown the parents how much difference it makes to behaviour to be consistent and only say no if you mean it and will stick to it. Having said that they do seem to be gradually realising that I know what I'm talking about and backing me up with regards to removal of privileges as a consequence of bad behaviour which def makes it easier. Just been a long 7 months to get to this point!

Jenna88 said:
Ahhh only 19 :D Woop! Plus we've 4 half days between now and then, oh yeh haha! I actually wanted to smash my face off the floor with my class today. It apparently doesn't matter how many times I say remember capital letters and full stops...it seems to be optional!

Haha I actually had a girl tell me last week that she wouldn't use capitals or punctuation because she didn't like how they looked. Artistic vision??? I am SO counting the days til Christmas holidays! No matter how much I love my job I love my holidays more.

I love my job and had looked to do it for years. After I had my little one I took the opportunity to have a go and lucky for me it has worked out brilliantly. I teach swimming and have taught since I was 17. I love it when you see some one go from being so affraid to swimming lengths with confidence, it gives me such job satisfaction.

Back