Do you ever have a diet day off?

I had a meal off last night, which probably wasn't the best idea considering I haven't lost any weight! :cry:

i think a "diet day off" is a bad term to use, its your lifestyle you should be changing and you cant really have a day off your life can you? having a binge every now and again wont help either, that means you are keeping the mindset that made you overweight in the first place. However if you are having a bad time of it and you feel like you want to give up i would suggest planning a day where you can maybe have something that usually you would restrict, keep portion size the same as when you are being strict as otherwise you will binge.
I was having a terrible time last night where i wanted to binge, i kept thinking i could go and eat a few packs of crisps or go to the chippy, but then i thought about it and thought no, i am just getting a little bit fed up i will give myself the day tomorrow where i wont have any slim fast shakes, but i will keep within the same calorie range as normal, same portion sizes, and i will chose low fat things to eat rather than binge on junk. So today for breakfast i had 2 light choices sausages, 2 healthy living bacon, and a very small can of beans, 380 cals, i havent been hungry since so havent had any lunch, then for dinner i have made 2 beef burgers from the weight watchers website, and i will be having some light choices chips with them 600 cals.
xxx

you've got a great attidude to it and i hope assj, rather than give in completly you go for a healthy option but something that is still interesting! I hope I can do the same when faced with the same challange, I'm on diet chef so not so resticted but have had a couple of evenings off, maybe i should be looking at lower cal options for those evening!

Me and OH both have a day off - usually a Friday when we go to our favourite Indian restaurant, but we are right back on track on Saturday with a healthy breakfast.

I think it does you good and helps keep you on track, as if you say 'I am never eating anything unhealthy again' you will crave it because you've said you can't have it. I think everything in moderation so when I go for a curry with OH we don't have naan bread, I have plain boiled rice and my treat is chicken tikka or korma.

Aimeelu,

I have the ticker and the scales sorted, it's just my head that's the problem. I've just had a massive meal (chinese, but made well within my calories) but my head keeps telling me to eat more so I came on here to try and stop it.

Tracey

Lol, I think you mistook my signature as a comment to you!! I'ts me that needs to get my ticker and scales sorted!!! Aha :)

I only have a day off for something special and even then it is normally just one meal. For example I went to a wedding and ate and drank like there was no tomorrow. I knew it would take a few days to recover (I put on 3lbs and it took a week) but we had a great time and I don't think I could face life if I had to refuse an occasional day like that.

I have "off" days but even then I don't stuff my face. Like I've said before, I'll have some Chinese food when my parents get one in and I'll have the odd meal out.

To help me with my chocolate cravings I allow myself one square of chocolate when I need it, I'm not really a "sweetie" sort of person anyway so I don't usually end up having it every day but knowing that when I want a piece, I can have a bit makes it easier, as long as its only one square.

I've cut my consumption of crisps down to only about twice a week. Rest of the time I do my diet and am good at sticking to it. If I want to lose weight quickly I'll do a couple of weeks of not eating after 7pm and that helps me loads although I hate doing it!

I'm crazy for my spicy lentil soup at the moment so am going to go on making that until I get fed up with it. I also like WW yoghurts as my dessert fix, they're very tasty!

I have the day after weigh in off the diet! I don't really find it hard to get back on to plan as I make sure I have a little bit of everything I fancy, and I tell myself during the week that I just have to wait a few more days before I can have whatever I'm craving.

I think it helps, or you just feel really deprived! Plus if it's soon after weigh in, you have the rest of the week to counteract the damage!!

i dont have the day off - i just make sure i syn any naughties through the week and that way dont feel deprived ;)

i don't have day off but if i am going out i will save my syns so i can enjoy meal and drink, i find doing it that way you still lose weight at your nt weigh in, if you try and be aware of everything you eat your be ok and make sensible food choices if eating out, eg don't have thick creamy curry with all the extras go for chicken tikka kebabs and salad and drink the ones with fewer syns. Good luck on your journey.

I've recently had about a week off :eek:
It was totally my own fault, and I suffered the consequences as I've put on 3 or 4lbs. I have actually found it harder than I thought it would be to get back on plan though. :(

hope i can post here even though im doing ww!!
i dont have a day off build my treats into my points so i feel'normal' like everyone else:) had a wedding last fri ate and drank what i wanted all day but got back on track on sat and lost 2 and half lbs today at wi:D

a meal off is a 10x better than a day off. Instead of eating whatever you want the whole day, eat whatever you want for one meal only once a week.

eg, if you normally have chicken salad for dinner, have some rice or sausage, etc OR (NOT AND) if you normally have an apple for dessert, have a slice of choc cake.

ie, week 1, follow diet, sunday night have dinner however you want...wee2, follow diet, sunday, instead of eating dinner however you want, eat your chicken salad but have choc dessert instead of an apple...imho, 1 day of eating whatever you want is too much, 1 meal is much more effective at maintaining whatever goal you're trying to achieve and also keeping up your motivation

I've only been on the diet since the start of the month, but I don't think I would have a day off (other than Christmas Day, which is is pretty inevitable) The main reason is that it would make it so much harder to start up again - once you're running with something, it makes sense to me to keep the momentum going.

In 2 weeks, the only 'treat' I've had are 6 M&Ms! But I am building loads of other things I love into the food I eat in order to stay sane. At the moment I'm not missing anything. If it comes to the point where I am, I'll maybe have a couple of crisps and give the rest to the kids, or try and grab something healthier to eat to distract me. It's early days yet and anything could happen!

I have no idea if it's sustainable or not, but it's very much a lifestyle change for me. I'm determined to get my weight down and keep it down. I can't afford days off while I'm trying to lose weight, or my whole motivation might go.

I don't have days off, I just have meals off and I make sure I just have meals off a few times a week, usually a take away or two during the weekend or a dinner with friends;)

xx

I don't tend to take days off, but we do like to have take away one night a week. I'm trying to cut it back to once every 2 weeks, but I do like to have it as a treat at the end of the week!

I've just had 3 weeks off. Put on 2 lbs but I've enjoyed myself. Now the work starts - just the last 5 or 6 lbs now.

Back