Do you ever have times when you just don't care?

NN89

Sexy Member
I almost had a moment today when i was SO close to giving in! Really tested me. I'm currently working on a mental health placement as part of my training and we took a patient out for a meal for lunch- i was really good and had pre-prepared my lunch so all i had was a diet coke and a kit kat from the bar. But it was so hard eating my pasta salad whilst they were all having yummy chips; ice creams..etc. I was so close to giving in and getting some myself!

How do you cope at moments like this?!

I try and remind myself that those days of not caring what I ate are behind me... the old Kimberley would have been the first in line scoffing the chips with a slice of pie and gravy. It would be gone in under 5 mins and I wouldn't really feel like I'd enjoyed my food.

13 weeks on the Slimming World plan and I actually want to make different choices even if someone else is making it quite difficult!

I still allow myself some 'naughty' meals every now and again but I syn these so I know how bad they were. Then the next day (or even meal!) it is back on it!

You know, the don't care thing was one of my hardest battles in maintenance.

They used to scare me as I knew how to maintain, had loads of techniques to use to stop me going mad, but when I didn't care, then there was no need to use them.

So....I say to myself "don't care??...tough...do it anyway" :D

There's lots of things I don't care to do. Ironing, waking up teen son, most housework blah blah, but I have to do it, because I want the benefits that it brings.

Same with weight. Don't care today? May care tomorrow and it could be harder/lots of damage could be done etc.

So...do it anyway ;)

You know, the don't care thing was one of my hardest battles in maintenance.

They used to scare me as I knew how to maintain, had loads of techniques to use to stop me going mad, but when I didn't care, then there was no need to use them.

So....I say to myself "don't care??...tough...do it anyway" :D

There's lots of things I don't care to do. Ironing, waking up teen son, most housework blah blah, but I have to do it, because I want the benefits that it brings.

Same with weight. Don't care today? May care tomorrow and it could be harder/lots of damage could be done etc.

So...do it anyway ;)

oooo im going to write that quote on my fridge!

"don't care today? may care tomorrow.."

ive never attempted such a hard thing like this before; yeah ive 'dieted' but it feels so real this time; im excited but finding it hard too

im excited

Focus on that

but finding it hard too

Don't focus on that ;)

Remember you have choices. You can blow it, or you can stick with it. It's entirely up to you.

If you focus on what you want, and what you are going to get from sticking to your plan, rather than focus on what you feel you shouldn't have, you'll find it much easier.

So instead of saying "this is tough...I want :() Congratulate yourself for not having it at this moment..and then the next moment. Remember all those free foods you get. How fab is that :clap:

And how strong you will feel by sticking with it especially when the going gets tough, because that's the greatest feeling ever :)

I have times like these too, and at these times I just remind myself of how far I've came. When you remind yourself of your achievements and be proud of them you won't want to quit! :)

K xx

Focus on that

Don't focus on that ;)

Remember you have choices. You can blow it, or you can stick with it. It's entirely up to you.

If you focus on what you want, and what you are going to get from sticking to your plan, rather than focus on what you feel you shouldn't have, you'll find it much easier.

So instead of saying "this is tough...I want :() Congratulate yourself for not having it at this moment..and then the next moment. Remember all those free foods you get. How fab is that :clap:

And how strong you will feel by sticking with it especially when the going gets tough, because that's the greatest feeling ever :)

Thanks so much!

aww you're such a great mod!! I'm sure you're an even better counsellor :p

I think im going to try the picture thing; one of me with my huge stomach and stretchmarks infront of my takeaway menus and the freezer draw. I just don't like it when people offer me; for example a cup of tea and i've already had my hex for today and i say no and they think i'm a mormon!!! Or they offer me a box of chocolates and they go 'go on its just one..' but with me i know one = more than one

I've been doing SW now for nearly six weeks and still seemed to be as focused as ever. I have really surprised myself at how ruthlessly I have stuck to the plan and how excited I am about all the good food and interesting meals that I've had.

I keep wondering how I am keeping it up for so long and I think it might be because I have devoted a lot of time and effort to this diet in planning what to eat and preparing and cooking all of the family's meals. Because of all this I daren't ruin it all for the sake of a few naughty binges. It helps that I never have to go hungry and I can still eat good meals that the whole family can enjoy. I am having a steady weight loss which is really encouraging.

I had a big test last Friday night when I went out for a meal with my friends for the first time since starting SW. I found that I wasn't starving like my friends and was quite happy to miss the starter and for the main course I just had a steak with jacket potato and salad. I treated myself to a desert which will have had quite a few syns but as I didn't drink any alcohol I will probably be within my weekly syn allowance. Then today I went out for lunch with my friends and again just had a chicken and bacon salad with no dressing. This had no syns and filled me up. I can't believe that I managed to be so good and not feel deprived.

This is the first diet that I have tried that I believe in and I can actually visualise a slimmer me. I think that if you can get yourself fully into the zone it will be much easier to resist challenges. Focus on the good food that you can eat and that you never have to go hungry. The pleasures of giving up are only shortlived, whereas the benefits of carrying on are life changing.

and i say no and they think i'm a mormon!!! Or they offer me a box of chocolates and they go 'go on its just one..' but with me i know one = more than one

You know, what you eat is totally your responsibility. Nobody else's. I used to think that I would offend, or that they would think I was nuts not accepting stuff when offered, but it hasn't been like that. Not sure why it feels so different, but I think it's possibly the way I view food now, and perhaps my replies reflect this.

For example, if someone offers me a chocolate, I may or may not take one. If I really want one, I'll have it. If I have something else planned for later, I just say "oh thanks, not at the moment though" or whatever. No big deal. No talking about my weight, or whatever. I just nicely say no and change the subject.

It's amazing how people don't push.

Of course...give signals that you don't mean what you say, and they'll push you to take one, because they think you really want one, and so by pushing you, it'll make you happy.

It really is no big deal, but we can make it one if we want.

Some good things on this thread. I have had many a moment like this, infact today I was feeling really cold and wanted some chocolate or something naughty. I did resist and am so glad. Went to group and lost another 2lbs AND got SOTW!

What I try to do now is think about what I'm about to do and then think how annoyed I feel with myself afterwards. It's not usually (in my case) worth it. It's hard to do but I'm getting there with it.

I think im going to try the picture thing; one of me with my huge stomach and stretchmarks infront of my takeaway menus and the freezer draw.
I think this is quite dangerous as you are basically using an unhappy image as a punishment.
I think a positive alternative would be to put a photo of yourself when you were slimmer and happier as an incentive on the take-away menus

We all respond better to positive rather than negative things- try not to mentally bully yourself into losing weight- do it by imagining all the good things that will come from it!

xxxxx

Back