Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Do you get euphoria feeling on 790 ?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Jaybar, 29 February 2008 Social URL.

1. Jaybar

Jaybar Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(7.29%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Having failed miserably at SS (after restarting several times) I've decided to do the 790 plan.
    What I would like to know is do you enter ketosis and do you get the same feeling as you do when SS is well established.
    When I did SS the very 1st time, I remember feeling fantastic (almost euphoric) about 2 weeks in, unfortunatly though I can't seem to get past 2 days this time.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Hmmm.....I'm not sure...I've never managed to SS long enough to compare...I was euphoric when I found out I'd lost 5lbs at weigh in this week!! ;) All I know is that 790 makes it bearable enough for me to stick to...Good Luck with it x

4. SoonToBeGorgeous

SoonToBeGorgeous Loving the Cambridge Diet

Diet:
    Cambridge Plan
    Yes you are still in ketosis on 790 I have stayed in it throughout the last five months on 790

However, do stick to the recommended amounts, as I have done, don't overdo the quantities

5. Jaybar

Jaybar Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(7.29%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Thanks for that, I think 790 is the only way I'm going to be able to bear it too.
    I know I've done it before (SS) but this time it's just not happening for me and I've been trying since January with too many restarts to count.

6. I had quite a lot of restarts last year too....I seem to have got into it this time though. I admire Soon to Be Gorgeous a great deal being able to stick to 790 rigidly. I have to admit that I give myself leeway with it and I have larger than recommended portions of veg and occasionally have different types of lean meat. I know this isn't the done thing and the danger is that it could be a slippery slope and I'm not losing as quickly as I might do if I was to do it properly. For me though it's coping strategies and if I am in danger of falling off the wagon, I will have a larger portion rather than give up. I refuse to give myself a hard time for not following it to the letter as I am losing weight now and starting to feel better about myself...So it can't be all bad!

7. SoonToBeGorgeous

Diet:
    Cambridge Plan
    I often have a larger portion of the veg but I do stick to the chicken/turkey/fish portions

8. I'm the same. I keep the protein portions low. I'm not a big meat eater anyway...I prefer the veg! You're a great inspiration to me. I don't think I can be as disciplined as you but if I do half as well as you then I'll be happy.

9. SoonToBeGorgeous

Diet:
    Cambridge Plan
    I really really miss cheese and apples!!

I wish Cambridge would make a savoury bar with cheese and a sweet bar with apples!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.