Do you get euphoria feeling on 790 ?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Jaybar, 29 February 2008 Social URL.

1. Jaybar

Jaybar Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(7.29%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Having failed miserably at SS (after restarting several times) I've decided to do the 790 plan.
    What I would like to know is do you enter ketosis and do you get the same feeling as you do when SS is well established.
    When I did SS the very 1st time, I remember feeling fantastic (almost euphoric) about 2 weeks in, unfortunatly though I can't seem to get past 2 days this time.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Hmmm.....I'm not sure...I've never managed to SS long enough to compare...I was euphoric when I found out I'd lost 5lbs at weigh in this week!! ;) All I know is that 790 makes it bearable enough for me to stick to...Good Luck with it x

4. SoonToBeGorgeous

SoonToBeGorgeous Loving the Cambridge Diet

Diet:
    Cambridge Plan
    Yes you are still in ketosis on 790 I have stayed in it throughout the last five months on 790

However, do stick to the recommended amounts, as I have done, don't overdo the quantities

5. Jaybar

Jaybar Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(7.29%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Thanks for that, I think 790 is the only way I'm going to be able to bear it too.
    I know I've done it before (SS) but this time it's just not happening for me and I've been trying since January with too many restarts to count.

6. I had quite a lot of restarts last year too....I seem to have got into it this time though. I admire Soon to Be Gorgeous a great deal being able to stick to 790 rigidly. I have to admit that I give myself leeway with it and I have larger than recommended portions of veg and occasionally have different types of lean meat. I know this isn't the done thing and the danger is that it could be a slippery slope and I'm not losing as quickly as I might do if I was to do it properly. For me though it's coping strategies and if I am in danger of falling off the wagon, I will have a larger portion rather than give up. I refuse to give myself a hard time for not following it to the letter as I am losing weight now and starting to feel better about myself...So it can't be all bad!

7. SoonToBeGorgeous

Diet:
    Cambridge Plan
    I often have a larger portion of the veg but I do stick to the chicken/turkey/fish portions

8. I'm the same. I keep the protein portions low. I'm not a big meat eater anyway...I prefer the veg! You're a great inspiration to me. I don't think I can be as disciplined as you but if I do half as well as you then I'll be happy.

9. SoonToBeGorgeous

Diet:
    Cambridge Plan
    I really really miss cheese and apples!!

I wish Cambridge would make a savoury bar with cheese and a sweet bar with apples!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.