Green Days Do you have a full tin of baked beans or 1/2?!

ColJack said:
full tin.. otherwise you have to keep half a tin in the fridge until you need it next....
either that or buy the half tins / snap pots to start with..

as said they are a speed food so I fugure if I have the whole tin then that's a bit faster than half a tin..:)

You can buy beans in a fridge jar to fix your problem :p

I have the snap pots, I find that they fill me up just fine :) and I don't need anymore than that x

Why is ketchup on beans wrong? I don't understand? xx

it's already IN a tomato sauce, so why add more? all you are adding is the sweetness of the sugar in the ketchup surely?
now, BROWN sauce, that's a whole different matter.. :)

i don't understand why putting ketchup on beans is wrong either :confused:
Do like the theory that a tin of beans is speedier than half a tin though! Especially if it also applies to mushy peas and melon etc etc etc

Mushy peas nom nom nom nom nom!!!X

the weeks I have beans a lot for lunches are the weeks when I lose more..
they "do their job" if you get my meaning...

Full tin for me on LARGE jacket potato and my HEA of cheese too.
I have what my family calls a hunger troll living inside me, i am always blooming hungry! I have my porridge bananna and other fruit every morning for breakfast. Then a proper cooked lunch and cooked dinner too. all generally free with some HE's used. having a proper lunch sees me through til dinner which is late in my house, between 8 and 9pm.
I do work outside and with horses, so a fair amount of physical yard work and riding everyday, and trying to keep warm when teaching for hours on end in the snow!

back to the beans though, if im having beans with say a SW fry up then i'll just have half a tin.

oh yeah, if it's as part of a full meal such as a cooked breakfast or sausage, egg chips and beans (all SW of course) then it's only part of a can.. but as a snack on their own or as a topping to a JP then it's a full can..

Mmmmmm Im with you coljack!
Hot sauce or brown sauce or even Worcester sauce but never tomato sauce.
Cheese also is top banana!!!! Lol !!

It depends what else I am having - if it is with say a breakfast then probably half a tin but if just on their own with toast then definitely the full tin.

I eat the small tins - so the equivalent of half a tin for me!

wrong in SO many ways, and not just for the syns that the ketchup adds...:jelous:

I do like to add a few splashes of hot sauce or chili sauce to mine on occasion for a bit of bite...

With you on the chilli - but I stir in some chilli powder (that hot chilli sauce is dangerous - one jog of an elbow and suddenly your meal's too too hot!!)

But the sweetness of the bean sauce plus a little chilli heat s fab.

I put a bit of cumin and chilli in mine oh and I also have to cook them on the hob so they go all thick!
I only buy the half tin sizes as I have no self control!

My problem is I have a very hearty appetite! I wish I didn't! However this is exactly why I feel SW is the plan for me because although we have to exercise a certain amount of common sense when it comes to portion sizes and therefore calorie intake, I know that I can eat to satisfy my appetite which sometimes does mean bigger portions! I eat plenty of fruit and veg so I feel I can have a whole tin of baked beans if I fancy it! I'm convinced that if I had to restrict portion size too much I would have given up a long time ago! Freedom is the operative word!X

Back