Do you have to have your syns??

Im really confused about sins too....iv lost a stone and a half...and only really have another half stone to lose.....all the time iv been doing SW iv had less than 5 sins a day....i was rather upset at group last nite as had a really good week but only lost a pound so everyone suggested maybe i should have more sins, so this week im aiming for between 5 and 10 sins....really hoping it works so will see how it goes!!

Just to clear one thing up. They aren't 'sins'. A sin is something bad. They are 'Syns' - The Synergy of the plan, the thing that makes it work and changes it from a diet to a lifestyle. Syns are not bad and are not to be avoided. They are part of the plan

I think it depends on how much you have to lose.

If you have only a little bit to lose, you may be successful not using any syns.

However if you have quite a bit to lose, depriving yourself of syns early on, could mean eventually you may start to feel like you are missing out on stuff and are more than likely to fall off the wagon. Also if you have no syns from the start, when you do get down to those last few pounds, you will have nothing to cut back on to try and boost your weightloss.

With that in mind, I believe it is recommended that you do at the least have 5 syns a day, up to a maximum of 15.

Totally agree with this as your body gets used to having these syns if you start having them early on. If you seem to be stuck in a plateau then you can always try to reduce some syns to give you a kick start.

Im really confused about sins too....iv lost a stone and a half...and only really have another half stone to lose.....all the time iv been doing SW iv had less than 5 sins a day....i was rather upset at group last nite as had a really good week but only lost a pound so everyone suggested maybe i should have more sins, so this week im aiming for between 5 and 10 sins....really hoping it works so will see how it goes!!

Only got half a stone to lose and only lost a pound???? How much do you expect to lose when so close to target!!
If you had more syns to start with you could reduce them now, but you can't!

Reactions: Taz
Im not expecting to lose lots....im not stupid! Maybe i should have said i had a 3 pound gain the week before as went on holiday so was hoping to lose more of this! Never mind!

Only got half a stone to lose and only lost a pound???? How much do you expect to lose when so close to target!!
If you had more syns to start with you could reduce them now, but you can't!

Im not sure if you meant it to come out quite lilke this, but what you have said has really got to me! I'm now aware it might have been a better idea to have more syns to start with but what can i do now...iv had a good weight loss up until now so there is no point regretting it!

I just posted a huuuuuge reply and then my t'internet crashed.

Suffice to say, I'm going to try this weekly syn thing instead of daily. I waver massively between not wanting any syns at all to wanting to use double what I have allowed (and it's nothing to do with how much or what I'm eating, it's a craving), so what I often do is end up having hardly any syns at all through the week and denying myself even the slightest taste of whatever I'm craving, having a miserable week, then not wanting to 'waste' them on something at the weekend, so go without.

I think the weekly thing is a much better idea for me, because I'll be looking at the bigger picture, and the thought that it could hinder my weight loss if I don't have them is reason enough. I'm going to give it a go :)

Back