Do you have your Syns?

I started SW last monday.
In that time I have had 9.5 Syns.
I do Green days as am veggie. I have 1 HEa & 2 HEb. 3 meals a day & a snack at about 4pm with my 2nd HEb. I use my 1st HEb at breakfast. My HEa is always cheese!
I don't have room for Syns.
Do you HAVE to have Syns?

You are supposed to hsve your syns yes!!
If your entitled why not?
It will help with your overall weightloss and maintaining it.

I have a couple a day and save the rest for weekend, take away usually or chocolate!

When doing the plan last year I also found if I didn't have any syns then I had smaller losses, which I found strange. I try and have around 10 a day, some days I'll have 13 or 14, others I'll have 5 or 6...just depends on what I'm having really. I don't use syns for "treats", I use them as part of my meals and drinks. I'm trying to get it out of my head that food is a treat or a reward so using them as part of meals or a hot chocolate at bedtime works better for me.

Yes I always have my syns. I think its easy to think 'if i don't have my syns I'll lose more weight', but you don't. I have mine on wine & chocs mostly but sometimes I'll have a full fat yogurt, cake, biscuit, salad cream, some quorn products have syns in them.

Syns don't have to be what I've mentioned they can be extra oil, tomato sauce mayo, gravy....... what did you use to have pre SW. You really ought to have some syns so you don't feel deprived.

i don't lose if i have a low amount of syns. hate to think what would happen if i went syn-free all week!

why not add something daily that you enjoy? ie chocolate bar, glass of wine with dinner, etc.

You are supposed to hsve your syns yes!!
If your entitled why not?
It will help with your overall weightloss and maintaining it.

I have a couple a day and save the rest for weekend, take away usually or chocolate!

i didnt think you could carry sins over like that? :confused:

i didnt think you could carry sins over like that? :confused:

SW don't recommend it and i've never tried it, but i think it makes sense.

realistically most people like a treat at the weekend but don't struggle to eat healthily during the week. this is how most people who don't have weight problems eat, so i think we should be allowed to officially on SW.

I have a little excel spreadsheet & start at 105 & count down each day how many I've had.

On a Saturday night MiL comes round with wine & chocs, so I save the wrappers & on a Sunday morning count up the syns. I always add them up, no guessing for me.
Sometimes I can have as many as 70 per Saturday night:eek:

ok now im even nore confused lol :confused:
are you saying that you can work on a weekly amount 10x7 or 15x7 and as long as you stay within that amount you can have say a half or third etc of them all on one day/night out?

hiya
karen....id not thought of the whole sin thing on a weekly basis....and yes the weekend aspect does make sense..well deffo for me lol...yrs back i think you could carry them over but not accumulate them for like weeks at a time lol

Many people carry over syns. Not everyone agrees with it. But many people do it. It's never affected my losses whenever I've done slimming world. It gives me something to lookforward to also!

But I have never had a problem with losing when I carry some over.

I always allow 7 x 15 syns per week, I don't always have them all but I start my week with 105 & work down.

Because MiL comes on a Saturday with wine & chocs, & 15syns per day doesn't go far, I have my syns weekly. When I'm on hols I'll have them daily though.

thats very interesting :)
i find that come fri/sat night thats when my little ones have treats and my big ones often influence what we eat (not always sw type food) so sometimes i find it hard to cope(in the past)

Maybe it would work for me to have those extra sins ive not used.....if i wanted as sometimes im not bothered....it would give me the mental choice as oposed to feeling i cant have anything at all and feeling hard done by lol

I might try it

Many people carry over syns. Not everyone agrees with it. But many people do it. It's never affected my losses whenever I've done slimming world. It gives me something to lookforward to also!

But I have never had a problem with losing when I carry some over.

this sounds like a plan that could just make my up-coming birthday celebrations very happy and not as restrictive as id feared :D
It wouldnt be something id do all the time as im not sure i could always be able to be so strict with myself each day to accumulate sins for a weekend....but soemthing to think about...thanks girls!

I start out with 70 a week, knowing these have to last the week but problem is during the week unless I try, I only use 2-4 syns for things like ketchup, squirty cream, chuckney so I do roll them over.

eg. had 7 yesterday, on little bit of chocolate, and yog so have 63 left for week, already had 3 today but got no other syns planned so may have to go out and get me some wine ;)

Thank you for all your replies!
Looks like I ought to have some Syns. I'm terrible though, I'm an all or nothing type person. 1 biscuit can lead to a whole packet. :eek:
I'll hand in my diary this Mon & see what my consultant says.
She will tell me to eat more Syns.
What bothers me though, if you're not hungry, surely you shouldn't eat.
I'v struggled with binge eating & am getting my "full button" back.
I don't want to eat for the sake of it.

You're all making me feel so greedy. I never have any problem using my syns! Mind you, I don't eat artificial sweetner so many free foods, ie fat free yogurts, are synned for me. But honestly, once I've had my yogurt, chocolate, gravy/ketchup/mayo, yummy additives to meals like tomato puree,made my own curry or satay sauce with peanut butter/coconut milk, eaten some more chocolate, I'm begging for more syns. I'm starting to think SW has made all you guys saintly, while I'm still in piggy mode lol

Thank you for all your replies!
Looks like I ought to have some Syns. I'm terrible though, I'm an all or nothing type person. 1 biscuit can lead to a whole packet. :eek:
I'll hand in my diary this Mon & see what my consultant says.
She will tell me to eat more Syns.
What bothers me though, if you're not hungry, surely you shouldn't eat.
I'v struggled with binge eating & am getting my "full button" back.
I don't want to eat for the sake of it.

Don't eat more if you're full. Factor them into your meals instead. Bolognese is much more yummy with a few tbsp tomato puree added. risotto nicer when made with a little wine. Use regular yogurt or regular soft drinks instead of diet ones. Add nuts to a stirfry.The whole point of SW is making the diet work for you, so if you don't want to use syns on junk, don't.;)

Back