Do you have your Syns?

Don't eat more if you're full. Factor them into your meals instead. Bolognese is much more yummy with a few tbsp tomato puree added. risotto nicer when made with a little wine. Use regular yogurt or regular soft drinks instead of diet ones. Add nuts to a stirfry.The whole point of SW is making the diet work for you, so if you don't want to use syns on junk, don't.;)

Couldn't have put it better!!

I start out with 70 a week, knowing these have to last the week but problem is during the week unless I try, I only use 2-4 syns for things like ketchup, squirty cream, chuckney so I do roll them over.

eg. had 7 yesterday, on little bit of chocolate, and yog so have 63 left for week, already had 3 today but got no other syns planned so may have to go out and get me some wine ;)

lol..the wine thing made me smile....
some days i hardly use any sins...others i feel im going to go over but then realise ive limited myself to only 10...which is maybe too few if ive lots to loose and only begining my 2nd week...?

Agree with you tho "grand.." im also trying to re-define my "full button" and dont want to eat just for the sake of it...just a matter of finding a balance i guess...

good thread "grand...." btw lots of good ideas/opinions....oh and good luck with your journey hun :D

If i counted day by day it would go like this (starting thursday - small treat syned) 8 2 10 10 2 3 2 if i allowed myself maximum 10 at weekend and thats 37 syns!! That is not enough for the week, so I will sometimes go out deliberately to get something, like wine to spend syns on! Some weeks are quiet like this week. Other weeks its gets to monday and im thinking crap! Need more syns!! Which is why I try and stick to 70 but allow myself to go up to 105 so mon-thur I have the syns if iIneed them but I normally dont. Im not depriving myself before in the week I dont want them!

I have definitely found that having more syns helps me lose! & I'm now wondering should I just enjoy my vodka diet Coles on saturday night rather than feeling deprived when everyone else is drinking away- and instead of just eating a biscuit r two to up my syns throughout the week! Most days I've only 5 so if I save them I wonder what'll happen! I make pasta to have if my husband orders pizza whilst drinking and snack on a bowl of cherries r melon when he has nuts- I bring the same if I go to the mother in laws cos she puts party food out- & everyone picks at my melon too and loves it! The only thing I miss is drinking as much vodka as I like on a Saturday night!

Heading to an nufc match next sat so it'll b a Saturday of drinking - I think I'll put it to the test!

you know what, i used to see sins as the bad guy (hence sin not syn lol) that i knew i should have-told to have- but always felt i shouldnt have...or always ran out of on a friday/sat night...or had too many and felt guilty and then cut right back on for what i thought was damage limitation....

Id quite forgotten that they r there for a reason and are our " friend" not foe (said with tongue in cheek lol)
I should use them as a coping tool and when i need a treat without feeling guilty-cos i do enjoy choccie now and then or a biscuit or glass of something bubbly.....or that thin slice of choccie cake on my birthday....."drool" :D....ok maybe the cake is going a bit too far lol...but bubbly deffo lol....

Jael had it right...make them/the plan work for you...

ok this will make you laugh...ive got my head round the sin thing-weekly total an all...decided im going to have a few more tonight.....use it up on a pitta to go with chicken kebab and some mayo with home made coleslaw..salivating at the thought of it ....well guess whoes not got any blessed chicken or pittas left in freezer! :(

best laid plans huh lol...

Back