1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

DO you know what I've noticed about the 'before' & 'after' pics on here...?

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by IrishMum, 12 March 2009 Social URL.

1. IrishMum

IrishMum A little of everything!

In the before ones- people are generally dressed baggily/frumpily, wearing little/no make-up with their hair fairly neglected. They are posed with their hands across their bodies, or behind 'props' (furniture/people etc.).

In the after ones- people are groomed beautifully- dressed in fitted clothes, their make-up/hair done, and with their hands on their hips!

It's amazing what losing weight has done for their self-confidence. That alone should be a motivating lesson!:D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Yes I have always thought that about the before and afters. You can actually see the change in confidence

4. Georgiestar

Georgiestar Well-Known Member

yeah I thought about that too, I can't wait to get to goal I have to buy clothes now!

5. mommyB

mommyB love it

All of my 'before photos i have quite obviously made sure that i am holding a child (one of my own!!) as a means to hide behind!!

6. Food Lover

Food Lover Real Loser!!!

I do the same!!!! and I'm always telling people I don't like photos... yet I've a few hundreds from when I was slim... all of a sudden, the weight crept up and I just don't want a reminder of what I really look like...

7. BrownEyedGirl87

BrownEyedGirl87 Active Member

Me too! I love looking at my photo's from when I was slim and I have so many of them. Since I put weight on I don't like to be in photos and if I am I make sure it is neck upwards!!

I always love how much people change in before and afters - some look like completely different people! They're so inspiring!

8. slendablenda

slendablenda Well-Known Member

I know what you mean

I can relate to that although I don't have kids. I had terrible trouble trying to find some "before" pics.
    Had to ask a friend and she said " are you sure you want to see them?" now I know why and I'm enjoying having my picture taken again.
    I love looking at people's photos too.
    Good luck ladies.

9. BrownEyedGirl87

BrownEyedGirl87 Active Member

Wow, slendablenda I LOVE your pic of you stood inside one leg of your trousers!!! Well done!! =D