Do you like coconut? New healthy extra milk!!!

I cannot get hold of this for love nor money ,it's turning into a mission now! X

Same here! Been in two Waitrose stores (including a MASSIVE one) and one H&B. No joy with either! Do you find it in the chilled section? Going to try another store at lunch. If that fails, I've run out of options where I can buy it!

I got mine from H & B in Sunderland and last week it was BOGOF on them. I've got to say it's not very nice along, it kind of gives me a sore throat. I intend to make some rice pud with it this week

I just got some as im lactose intollerent, \i drink ricemilk and coconut milk was cheaper lol, i remebered seeing it was a HexA, but im shocked at how much I can have hope its nice now lol

Its luuuurrrrrvely :) I have it in all my coffees now and cook with it every couple of weeks too :)

I just found this online with Ocado. Going to try it for cooking and cereals. Yay!

How would i make free rice pudding?? Sorry to sound thick! x

i finally found some in a large Tesco & immediately used it to make a thai green chicken curry - i made my own curry paste too so the entire curry was free!!!! although i did decide to add a little cornflour to thicken slightly because it comes out runnier than a "proper" curry. the rest of my HEA allowance went into rice to make a thai coconut rice but i have to say the rice didnt taste of coconut at all so i dont know how it would taste if you make a rice pud with it (prob just like ordinary) but the rice did cook beautifully & the curry was really yummy - definitely curbed that thai craving. i also made a Pad Thai to go with it all so my total syns were 2!!!!!!!!!

Is this still a healthy extra as I couldn't see it listed on line but the healthy extra page is difficult to navigate.
I assume it doesn't say low fat or fat free as I am sure I saw it today in my local Tescos.
Thanks

Yup:

6241413556_dee890ca2f_o.jpg

Looks like this:

6241422672_4d94db4d7f_o.jpg

Wow thank you so much that is ace I am sure that is the one I have seen x

Thank you again I bought it yesterday and my husband used it to make a Thai red curry last night and it was yummy. What a great find

ForumRunner_20111016_111041.jpg

will be looking for this on my next visit to tesco i love coconut

Rice pudding recipe from the Kara website...

CARIBBEAN DREAM RICE PUDDING
by Jenny Dunne
(serves 4)

Ingredients:

65g (2 1/2oz) Pudding Rice
25g (1oz) Sugar (or Maple syrup/sugar free "Jam")
Ground Nutmeg
600ml (1pint) KARA Dairy Free Milk
Method:

Preheat oven to 150C, 300F, Gas Mark 2.
Place the rice, milk and sugar (if using) in a greased, oven proof dish.
Sprinkle Nutmeg over the top.
Cover and place in the oven for 2 hours.

When I get some Kara milk this is what I'm making (hopefully for Sunday tea). Yum!!

Back