Do you notice weight loss immediately?

jlt

Banned
After seeing various very impressive first week losses of almost a stone, I wondered if these losses are immediately noticeable? Do you drop a dress size within the week or look a lot smaller? Just curious :) xxx

People started noticing after 2 months I think, once I dropped two stones x x

Hi jit- I think it depends on a lot of things, how much you have to loose, where you loose weight from first, how much you drop in one go- everyone I'd different so there's really no way to answer this!

Me personally- I noticed myself after one week, clothes that were snug (read cutting me in half!) fitted again etc. I lost 8lbs in my first week.

The time goes so quickly though and it soon adds up!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have only lost about ten pounds ( in two weeks) but I don't feel any slimmer yet :-( sure I will soon.

Thats the thing with CD i think you lose it so quickly your mind takes a while to recognise!!

I have lost 9lb in my first week, im wearing jeans i havent worn for a long time so ive definately got smaller however i cant really see a difference in my body yet, although my face is looking slimmer.

I did have a few comments in work from people who dont know im on the diet yesterday asking if id lost weight though!

I guess it's got a lot to do with how big you are to start off with as well. I have massive amounts to lose and so my 1st week loss isn't noticable. Am guessing that a lot of my weight is hidden around organs etc and therefore may not be noticed by others yet. But I know I'm losing and at the moment that's what matters.
I also have a piece of string that I measured my waist with(I don't like tape measures!!) and will be able to see my losses by marking that as I go along.

I noticed mine probably about a stone and a half down when I caught sight of my face and shoulders in the bathroom cabinet mirror and thought 'wow, my face is so much slimmer!' now four stone down it's very noticeable although i've now come down from the high of losing four stone and am back to looking in the mirror with a critical eye which us good as I still have six stone to lose!!! X

Thanks for all your replies!! I was asking as I am doing a 2 meal replacement + meal at night until I get a new job and can afford Cambridge. The weights coming off ridiculously slowly :( well done to you all xxx

I lost 24lbs so far (I've been on it for one month) and I can't see any difference. I mean my jeans are much more comfortable, so are my tops but I really can't see the weight loss. I even compared photos and I really can't see it :confused:

But friends I haven't seen in ages have all told me that I look much slimmer on my upper half. And I must be slimmer because I have lost inches. But I can't see it. I think it's because I have so much fat anyway that it's not as noticeable. Hopefully after another 2 stones down I will start seeing it myself :rolleyes:

I could really notice and feel a difference after 1.5 St. People started noticing then as well I wasn't sure if they did notice or where just being polite but I've seen a few people since that don't know I'm dieting and they noticed so it must be noticable. After a St and a half I also had dropped a dress size and my old clothes where too big. It makes a difference what u wear as if still wearing old clothes (which are now baggy) people don't tend to notice! So get yourself a new pair of tight jeans and sit back and lavish in the compliments lol!!!

Im only on day 6 and I feel different. Im comfortably wearing a pair of trousers that were snug, and I feel more confident, even though Im pretty much the same size I was a week ago. I think it's because I know I'm doing something about my weight, and it makes me feel good.

I think its a psycological thing too. A friend of mine lost 5 stone on SW, he looked amazing, but he still saw himself as fat.

Im only on day 6 and I feel different. Im comfortably wearing a pair of trousers that were snug, and I feel more confident, even though Im pretty much the same size I was a week ago. I think it's because I know I'm doing something about my weight, and it makes me feel good.

I love that feeling.

I think its because we are taking control and it feels good to actually be doing something right. I have that feeling aswell and its what keeps me going! xx

I think i noticed at about week 3 although my belly went flat within about 10 days :) now that im not too far off goal every week i see people they say 'wow your still loosing weight!' great feeling!! x

Back