Do you really?

Pinklady1911

serial dieter!!!
Hi all, do you always stick to the recommended veg/protein amount, if doing 3 packs plus the meal?

Im asking because for my hungry days i do tend to have more veg and sometimes a little more protein. I have read on some of the other forums that anything under 810cals a day, very low carb means you will still stay in mild ketosis! i just wondered if anyone else did this?
it hasnt affected my losses! i just think you need abit more food some days and like its been said numerous times, whether your eating 450 cals or 790cals your still on a vlcd and will lose the same amount on either!

I had an additional egg today. Well my pickled eggs arrived and I had to try one! :). I'm not religious about the quantities, especially at weekends, but do try to ensure that the carbs and calories don't go awol and more or less stay within the limits.

I try to stick to the limit, but if I really really need something I think an extra gerkin or stick of celery is a far better idea than something off plan! I weigh the veg so I know, I usually have the raw options, the salad stuff, so its easy to weigh and eat.

If I'm feeling very hungry then I might grab a small amount of chicken from the fridge (previously cooked!) but it comes off the protein meal. I do sometimes have more than 200g of veg - but that's allowed on lighter life lite... I'll sometimes have a couple of pieces of raw cauliflower... Yum... raw cauliflower...

ha ha who has pickled eggs arriving , do tell me where you ordered them from BG
Im imagining a special van that only delivers pickled eggs

I think extra protein would be fine and you'd stay in ketosis.... extra veg might take you out though as thats where your carbs are.... depends on the veg though i guess!! X

Yeah thats what i thought Dee!! Ive got a stinking headache today and feel hungry so i have a feeling ive taken myself out of ketosis, i dont have the sticks to check but judging by how i feel im definitely out of it! ive been sneaking the odd gerkin, and celery sticks but havent kept track of how many aswell as some days recently ive eaten more protein and veg! Its this friggin period! i cant believe how hungry i have been i dont normally notice the hunger but whilst its been totm ive been clock watching till my next meal! Think i will get some spinach and other veg that looks bigger on the plate rather than 6 pieces of brocoli.ha

Extra protein is much better than extra veg. Theres no carbs in meat/fish so you cant kick yourself out of ketosis with it.

The 810cal rule is just that it has to be under 810cal to be called vlcd, over 810 is just lcd. But you could, realistically, eat as much as you wanted and remain in ketosis, as long as you're not eating loads of carbs!

I know what you mean Sonia, it was TOTM for me today and I was starving. I ended up having an Atkins snack bar as an 'extra' today as I was so damn hungry.

Back