Do you stall if you cut back too much? (Cut out Booze)

Gingery

Hi There

I'm not used to using these boards for motivation but I'm really frustrated at the moment.

I tend to drink more than I should. I've been bimbling along following the diet-ish but conveniently ignoring the points booze would add to my day. I've lost about half a stone in a few months.

I decided it was time to take it more seriously and just stop drinking. do the diet 100%. But in a week and a half of doing this my weight has stayed the same, or if anything gone up a little bit.

I don't expect miracles but I was hoping for a noticable difference to help motivate me.

The thing is, I've suddenly dropped hundreds of calories a day. I'm wondering if there is such a thing as cutting back too much in one go? I'm on Body Optimise so I don't have a consultant to discuss this with.

Anyone got any thoughts???

Its hard because the complete cutting it out should help, are you still eating the same amount of syns? Are you doing anything else differently?
If your following the plan 100% they say you should lose 1-2lbs per week depending on how much you have to lose anyway.
A lot needs to be your diet, and what you are intaking, and really look at the plan.
Sometimes your body can "stall" or maintian, and as you say it could have "gone up a little bit" this means that your not Weighing on accurate scales?

Are you certain you're eating the correct amount of sins and adhering to the plan 100%? In addition, were you wearing the same clothes when you weighed yourself, as well as it being the same time of day?

I think it's fantastic that you've decided to do things properly and kick the booze etc. Try to stay positive and focussed and the weight will disappear.

Alcohol dehydrates you, so stopping has probably caused a temporary water weight gain. Drink plenty of water or low cal fluids to flush you out and you should see it start to shift it soon.

look up some natural diuretic foods to help, but keep downing the none alcoholic fluids

Alcohol dehydrates you, so stopping has probably caused a temporary water weight gain. Drink plenty of water or low cal fluids to flush you out and you should see it start to shift it soon.

look up some natural diuretic foods to help, but keep downing the none alcoholic fluids

Seconded. I found that.

When I don't drink enough hydrating fluids I retain water and my weight can be up by several pounds. One week I gained 2.5lbs the next I lost 6.5lbs and the main difference was I drunk more water and NAS squash in the second of those two weeks

Thanks guys, yes to syns, following plan (used online diary a lot), always weigh in underwear although usually use Wii, which I understand isn't the best tool but is as good as anything else given I don't go to classes. I've got a couple of stone to lose, current BMI 26.20.

In case there was ambiguity, I wasn't measuring the booze in points (syns), I was just ignoring they existed at all.

I'll try upping the water. It makes sense that it would be that. It just feels demoralising that I've cut out booze to the tune of AT LEAST 800 calories per day, upped exercise, and followed the plan really well and in a week my weight has gone up slightly!!!! I know I can't expect to lose weight every week but they are pretty big changes and I could have done with a boost to make the changes feel worthwhile

You probably have lost weight but you no longer have the dehydrating effect of the alcohol so have gained water weight, once that settles you will see the results of 800 calories less. Its the same with exercise, if you go from zero to a couple of decent work outs you'd be disappointed to see a gain but most DO see a gain the first couple of weeks as their muscles suddenly hold onto extra fluids to repair and fuel the next work out. Bet next weeks loss has you smiling

if you go from zero to a couple of decent work outs you'd be disappointed to see a gain but most DO see a gain the first couple of weeks as their muscles suddenly hold onto extra fluids to repair and fuel the next work out. Bet next weeks loss has you smiling

Cheers for that. I never did work out why I put on after joining a gym and taking up swimming.

You probably have lost weight but you no longer have the dehydrating effect of the alcohol so have gained water weight, once that settles you will see the results of 800 calories less. Its the same with exercise, if you go from zero to a couple of decent work outs you'd be disappointed to see a gain but most DO see a gain the first couple of weeks as their muscles suddenly hold onto extra fluids to repair and fuel the next work out. Bet next weeks loss has you smiling

thats great advice!! you do wonder about loosing less when working out then when not!! Do you need to drink more to prevent this???:confused:

Back