Do you stay on plan when your on Holidays

audfen

I was just wondering if people stick to plan when on holidays or take that time off plan. Im hoping to reach target my the end of june for our wedding anniversary and we are going to Mallorca for 2 weeks im not sure if ill be able to stay on plan does anyone else find this when there on holidays xxx

I always try to eat SW friendly meals, and save my syns for wine in the evening.

You'll find lots of threads on this subject if you do a search.

If you don't stick to plan you need to be prepared to accept a gain when you return from hols. It's up to you what you do;)

It depends which sort of holiday and whats on offer, I try to stick to plan as closely as possible but will have a few extra treats. After all I know once I'm home I can get 100% on plan and loose any weight which I may have gained

No i dont stick to plan when on my holidays. I do when I have a weekend away but not for my proper hols. But like whats already been said you have to be prepared for a gain when you get back. Ive always been plesantly surprised to be honest when I get back as I do seem to gain but not as bad as what I think. I thinks its a combination of SW being ingrained in my brain and always doing more walking when on my holidays. I even went to New York 18 months ago for 6 days and lost a pound and that was eating everything in sight but walking for what must have been miles and miles everyday x

nope when I'm on holiday whether for a weekend or a week or 2 I eat what I like then face the scales when I get home and start working on getting it off again, works for me :)

When i go on holiday i turn into a pig lol, I dont get holidays very often but when i do its a blow out and im at least 8lb heavier when i comne back , but a couple of weeks its off again. I dont tan so i eat instead, thats what my holidays are about lol

I try and keep the rules in my head and am sensible - felt so much better being slim on holiday last year (was 9st oops!) didnt seem worth messing it up!! x

i'll probably try not to overindulge...but i certainly wouldn't be on plan. I learnt the hard way not to let SW control ever aspect of life, especially holidays.

I try not to go too crazy when I'm on hols. I was in Scotland a few weeks ago and went out to Poundland and bought myself some Mugshots and Diet Coke for snacks so I wouldn't munch on too much rubbish.

I've just come back from an all inclusive in Egypt.
Breakfast i normally had 2 small pancakes, drizzling of choc syrup and some little chicken sausages (random combo i know) Couple of little pastries to finish!

Dinner we normally ate at the beach bar..pizza, thin steak sandwiches with onions and chips or chicken baguette or similar.

Tea we mostly ate at the a la cartes..always 3 courses..eek!

I've come back though and looks as if i've lost 4lbs! I ate way more on holiday than i usually do. All i could think of was drinking more water, swimming and walking as we stayed in a big resort type complex.

I've just come back from an all inclusive in Egypt.
Breakfast i normally had 2 small pancakes, drizzling of choc syrup and some little chicken sausages (random combo i know) Couple of little pastries to finish!

Dinner we normally ate at the beach bar..pizza, thin steak sandwiches with onions and chips or chicken baguette or similar.

Tea we mostly ate at the a la cartes..always 3 courses..eek!

I've come back though and looks as if i've lost 4lbs! I ate way more on holiday than i usually do. All i could think of was drinking more water, swimming and walking as we stayed in a big resort type complex.

It's a totally awesome feeling when you get back from a holiday and you've stayed the same weight or even lost a few pounds. :)

To some extent, yes. When I'm on holiday I usually stick to grilled meats with fresh salad etc (have done since before I even joined Slimming World), however being just 20, as you can imagine my holidays are pretty much alcohol fueled, so I make up for it in that way.

The thing is, you're on holiday. If you really fancy something, then treat yourself. It's only 2 weeks out of 52 and in the long run it's hardly going to make that much difference.

The whole point of a holiday is to relax and enjoy yourself, not to fret over what you can and can't eat/drink, etc. Just enjoy yourself, that's what I'd say. And if having the odd ice cream/drink/etc is enjoying yourself, then so be it! :)

I'm a little worried about my forthcoming holiday. I am doing really well with my losses at the moment and I really want that to continue as long as possible.

At Easter I had 3 days off plan and I ended up feeling slightly ill because of it. I had stomach ache and I felt really nauseous, eating the way i used to eat. My body just cant tolerate it now. Because of this I know that I will have to reign myself in to a certain extent while I'm away. I will relax the plan of course but I won't go back to my old way of eating, I won't be able to tolerate it.

I would be mortified if I came back and I'd put on a stone or something lol. Anything up to 7lb is acceptable to me :)

i have tried to but never had the discipline which is well nothing short of rubbish really. Im away tomorrow- monday in London, luckily we have an apartment so im cooking so will be much easier to eat :)

I never used to but Id always put on 9lb or more and then by the time I'd lost it it would be nearly time for the next bladdy holiday :sigh: So I started behaving myself :D

These days we are usually self-catering, so I plan the holiday menu before we go so it isn't too bad and let myself have some wine or a few treats :) Usually stay about the same or only put a pound or so on, but I do sometimes even lose on holiday! :8855:

Have to be honest, when I went on holiday last August I took my scales with me. Not good I know, but it meant I stayed in control. We were self catering so I stuck to plan as much as possible but had a couple of desserts and a cream tea whilst away and did loads of walking. I lost 1lb and was very happy. This year I won't take the scales as I now feel I can control myself without them.

I'm going on holiday a week Thursday (my first "proper" abroad summer holiday!) and my plan is to make the best choices I can, but if I really fancy something I'll have it. I am totally expecting to gain while I'm away, but by being mindful of the choices I'm making I hope to limit the damage then get straight back on plan when I get home.

Back