Do you syn medicinal things?

PinkToaster

Silver Member
When buying sore throat sweets and things, I always look for the sugar free ones but still don't know if they should be synned.

I also have some cough syrup in the cupboard. The two main ingredients are honey and glucose, so I'm sure it's not free.

In all honesty if you're ill then you're ill and you're probably better not worrying yourself over how many syns a little cough sweet will be.

I hope you feel better soon :)

This came up in class last week.

Our consultant agreed with a member that cough sweets (lockets, throaties etc) could be counted as 1/2 syn each, and a lemsip or dose of syrup could be counted as 1.

Another member (a nurse) suggested that sweetened boiling water with a couple of lemon slices was a very successful alternative to lemsips.

These are some good suggestions! I'm over my cold now really, it's just this irritating cough!

I got a cold but I am not bothered as I am struggling to eat. However, I do have normal tabs and don't bother with sugar things to help throat etc

I wouldnt syn medicine. To be fair I normally take tablets for everything! Apart from when I have a cough mum will get me a sweet cough syrup but Im very reluctant to syn medicine!!x

I wouldnt syn medicine or cough sweets. How often are most people ill? Not very often I would hope, so a few days of medicine and cough sweets is not going to make anyone gain pounds. But thats my personal opinion.

I've currently got a very sore throat and am taking sugar free lozenges with an anaesthetic in them. I'll be damned if I'm going to syn them! There probably are syn values to them, but quite frankly I'm gruff and growly and I'm going to "spend" my syns on nice comforting feel good things rather than stinking rotten disgusting lozenges! So ner! :p ... oh and I will lose weight this week as the scales will be too scared to tell me otherwise! :rotflmao:

I wouldn't syn medicinal products, I would rather risk gaining a 1lb than suffering a sore throat, headache or whatever, it is only for 2/3 days anyway.

I hope you will feel better.

I've not taken Lemsip in years, not since discovering the healing properties of hot orange squash!

Personally I feel that the benefits of 'getting better' will outweigh a fews syns, for a few days, but, yes, if 100% on plan, then you will need to syn most routine remedies. I've checked out a few, as I'm sure it will come in handy for some one, at some point. xx

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lemsip Lemsip, all varieties per sachet[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
½ Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original ½ Syn
green.gif
Green ½ Syn
[/FONT]

Lockets Lockets, all varieties 43g tube[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

extraeasy.gif
8 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 8 Syns
green.gif
Green 8 Syns
[/FONT]

Halls Soothers, all varieties 45g tube[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
7½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 7½ Syns
green.gif
Green 7½ Syns
[/FONT]

Fisherman's Friend Fishermans Friend Lozenges, all varieties 2 lozenges[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

extraeasy.gif
½ Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original ½ Syn
green.gif
Green ½ Syn
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

Sorry, I've no idea why the coloured dots don't come out when I C&P xx
[/FONT]

[/FONT]​
[/FONT][/FONT]

my cons always says if u have any medical cons sort that first then slim so i think he would say u need them have them.
i have hot lemonade and 2 parcomels and thats bascially a hot lemon.
i don't know about u but i usually find these cough sweets don't help much. cough medcine does but not the sweets.
hope u feel better soon try google natural cough remedies they usually r more effective.

Back