Do you think I am too big for the gym?

I am booked in at my local gym today for my induction, I took out a membership yesterday.

I just spoke to the receptionist and she took all my details, but I never spoke to anyone who works in the gym and now I wonder if I am too 'fat' to do any proper exercise, and if they will just laugh at me.

Supposed I am scared i will be the biggest person there and anyone coming in will think I am funny.
If the gym is some miniscule size, such as 4ft x 4ft x 4ft you might be too big.

I very much doubt it though;)

I am heavier and shorter than you and 4 weeks ago joined our local gym. I have a 40 minute programme and go twice a week. Nobody takes any notice and I don't feel uncomfortable or embarrassed at all. Don't worry.

Irene xx

Ah buying shorts or any exercise clothes in my size is a joke!

What size are you? I might have some old stuff you would be welcome too. You can pm me if you would prefer. They may have have been thrown out though as I know some stuff went into holes and was only fit for the bin!

well done on signing up for the gym, great if you have a friend to go with, but you will find that people will talk to you and you can meet new people.

No one is too big to go to the gym. If they trainers are any good they will target your fitness routine to your starting level.

Couple of points to help, I have been a gym maniac for years.

Don't try and do things too quickly

If you start to hurt, stop and talk to the trainer

Keep hydrated - this is very important (you can make up your own drinks with water, lo-cal squash, tiny pinch of salt and sugar - shake well. If you can taste the salt there is too much).

Wear clothing that is comfortable, modern fabrics wick away sweat.

Wear decent footwear

If classes are offered, try them, group workouts are great fun, and again you can work at your level

and the main thing - Enjoy yourself

best of luck with everything
stoo

Back