Do you think SW has changed your life, or changed you as a person?

FatGurlSlim

Hi,

The main thing I have noticed from doing SW (even though it's only been five weeks so far) is how liberating it feels to eat like a 'normal' person - or how I imagine 'normal' people (if there is such a thing!) eat. I feel like I'm free from the prison of over-eating.

It sounds really dramatic, but that has changed my life for the better.

Any other dramatic changes for anyone else? x

Not so much dramatic but I agree with u it Is nice to know exactly what I can eat and exactly what treats I can have for low syns. And you're right it is nice to be free of overeating. Before slimming world I'd tried dieting on my own and gave myself a 'day off' on a saturday where I would binge. I still lost weight doing this but really it was a bit of a silly thing to do as I just longed for saturday to come lol and it just made me keep the illusion that once I'd lost all of the weight I won't have to diet anymore. What was I thinking I'd go back to binging on choc every day? So slimming world hopefully is gonna teach me how to eat forever.

I do like the fact I'm satisfied after my meals on slimming world and also can treat myself in the evenings to something nice, like a mini milky bar or options hot choc or even after weigh in I might have a curly wurly!! We don't have to overeat because we're allowed treats in moderation. It is a good plan to follow its so easy to follow.

Before I always thought sw was complicated with the green/red days but since I joined and found the extra easy plan is so easy to fit into your life I love it. I look forward to going to the groups too as met some really nice ladies and anyone is happy to help if I've got a question I find that nice

I used to do the 'day off' diet thing too! I'd stuff my face all Sunday, then wake up on Monday feeling really depressed and willing the week to disappear so I could have my food day again. Crazy.

I used to do the 'day off' diet thing too! I'd stuff my face all Sunday, then wake up on Monday feeling really depressed and willing the week to disappear so I could have my food day again. Crazy.

Exactly. I'd eat loads of chocolate, cheese sarnie with white crusty bread, loads of take away it was as if I was cramming all my overeating into one day and then being good the rest of the week lol stupid.

Now I have a take away on a sat night but try to pick low in syns like chicken kebab and salad, chinese stuff a lot is low in syns. But I don't have a binge day anymore lol

I agree with the not having a pig out day I used to do this once a week no matter what diet I was on but I don't feel like I need to on slimming world. I still have treats but I'm in control of them now x

I completely agree that overeating is a prison, but I've found lately that I've begun to get fed up at having to keep track of syns, and HEBs. I only do Green days, as I'm veggie, and I'm also fed up that the only option I seem to have when eating out is a flipping jacket spud and beans! The worrying thing for me at the moment is that I'm not sure if I can follow this plan for ever! It's worked well for me so far and I will definitely continue but the worry about maintenance is there already and I'm over 3 stone away from target! :sigh:

Its liberated me. First time in my life Im not on a diet. I chose to leave my class, to take pressure off. I must admit Im not a strict follower of the plan but it helps me make healthier choices when eating out. I tend to have quite a few subways that I don't syn but it hasn't affected my weight loss. The weight is coming off slowly but Im getting there. I guess Im just amazed that Im not obsessing about what I eat. Its easy too to get back on plan if I have that odd naughty lunch. Its taught me moderation.

I completely agree that overeating is a prison, but I've found lately that I've begun to get fed up at having to keep track of syns, and HEBs. I only do Green days, as I'm veggie, and I'm also fed up that the only option I seem to have when eating out is a flipping jacket spud and beans! The worrying thing for me at the moment is that I'm not sure if I can follow this plan for ever! It's worked well for me so far and I will definitely continue but the worry about maintenance is there already and I'm over 3 stone away from target! :sigh:

Aww that's awful I'm sure it is a bit tough being veggie. When you get to target I'm sure you can get by eating out, I know if I ever get to target I wouldn't follow this plan to the letter. I think it would just be making the most sensible choices you can and knowing what sort of stuff to cook at home. Don't worry about getting to target, think about that when you come to it x

Slimming world doesnt feel like a diet! most diets FORBID any treats and thats why when you have one i think thats why we all fell bad and then give up and think whats the point. I think because slimming world allows you these treats then it doesnt feel like your on a diet. And with the main meals you can eat pretty much the same thing you where eating before just have to adapt it now but its normally still as good and 10x healthier. I have never been on a diet where they they say oh yeah btw you can have
burgers and chips
curry and rice,
southern fried chicken (not kfc the home made one =])
chips,
and then to give you a list of low syn take away
black bean sauce and rice
beef n mushroom
rogan josh
if i was on a non sw diet and decided to have a takeaway and had one of the named above then this would of thrown us off plan. but because you know you can have it=] I agree with the above you cant count syns and hex for the rest of your but im sure by the time you get to target you would have made life changed so instead of picking up a jar of curry sauce you will just naturally get out your spices and make it yourself! i know that i have seen these changed in me! i deffonately think the key is to plan. i did this prior to s/w but it went more like chicken pies, ready meals and takeaways, even looksing at the trolley now when its more colourful and vibrant from all the different fruits and vegeies instead of the dismal brown from all the boxes from the ready meals. im going to stop talking now
just my thought
=]

I love that I "naturally" choose fruit over any other food as my first choice for a snack. I don't even think about opening the cupboard full of goodies, I go straight to the fruit bowl. It's normal for me now :)

I find that with fruit too now! I used to hate it. I had success doing a very low carb diet, so it was really hard to shake off the idea that fruit's just sugar and water.

That is a major thing for me though - healthy snacking.

I totally agree about being veggie and only beong able to have spud and beans when eating it. I haven't eaten out enough for it to annoy me yet, but I'm sure it will get repetitive. One thing I do buy when I'm out is vegetable sushi - usually only a couple of syns per box, and really tasty.

I have been at target for 9 months now and its just a way of life! I help out at group so obviously have to go every week, but I love it. I enjoy helping people and we all learn from I T every week. When shopping its always automatic to go the the fruit and veg,low fat items,lean bacon and meat, chicken, mugshots,fat free yoghurt. And good old fry light! Not a diet, a healthy way of eating for life! S W rocks

SW has hugely improved my life.

I can run around with my kids now, exercise regularly when I used to think that it was a swear word, eat a little fruit now when I never did. Also big improvements in the bedroom department now there's 7 stone less of me. I no longer snore.

I've had a few wild nights out/meals etc & have barely gained as I make better choices most of the time now. It's easy to get back on plan.

I am part of the social team at my group which I think hugely improves the experience for me. I have made some good friends there too.

I think the biggest change has been the improvement in my confidence, I feel like a normal size person now instead of a big blob!

Last edited:
Both for me!

SW is now very much part of my life - I am on the social team at my group, I love to cook and look for and create healthy SW meals and most of all I love being able to shop for clothes that I WANT to wear and not having to wear because of my size.

SW is not a diet, it's a healthy and sustainable way of life and I am so happy that it has all finally clicked into place for me after years of self abuse on my body through over eating. x

I've only been on the plan for a few weeks but I already feel that it's making some positive changes to my life. I carry my book with me everywhere and am not in the slightest bit ashamed of walking round the super market with it open in my hand. I still have my little treats and have a chinese every week but count it all in my syns. I love feeling good about whaqt I'm eating. Also, my skin is so much better and I'm sleeping better than I have for months.

My skin seems so much better too! Wonder if it's all the fruit?

Slimming world doesnt feel like a diet! most diets FORBID any treats and thats why when you have one i think thats why we all fell bad and then give up and think whats the point. I think because slimming world allows you these treats then it doesnt feel like your on a diet. And with the main meals you can eat pretty much the same thing you where eating before just have to adapt it now but its normally still as good and 10x healthier. I have never been on a diet where they they say oh yeah btw you can have
burgers and chips
curry and rice,
southern fried chicken (not kfc the home made one =])
chips,
and then to give you a list of low syn take away
black bean sauce and rice
beef n mushroom
rogan josh
if i was on a non sw diet and decided to have a takeaway and had one of the named above then this would of thrown us off plan. but because you know you can have it=] I agree with the above you cant count syns and hex for the rest of your but im sure by the time you get to target you would have made life changed so instead of picking up a jar of curry sauce you will just naturally get out your spices and make it yourself! i know that i have seen these changed in me! i deffonately think the key is to plan. i did this prior to s/w but it went more like chicken pies, ready meals and takeaways, even looksing at the trolley now when its more colourful and vibrant from all the different fruits and vegeies instead of the dismal brown from all the boxes from the ready meals. im going to stop talking now
just my thought
=]

That's exactly how it is for me too. I had about 4 choc treats last week, a curly wurly after weigh in (which is every week and I REALLY look forward to it) and about 3 nights of that week I had a mini milky bar (3.5 syns) and I lost 1.5 pounds! I love that they arnt forbidden, just you have to monitor them. I love my mini milky bars lol also had take away treat every sat night and I also love that there is a syn section for these as it helps me pick the best choices such as chicken kebab, or chicken chowmein etc. Think I'm gonna go for prawn chow mein and plain noodles tomorrow night :) love it!

Slimming world has changed the way I view food completely. I'd never go back to the way I ate before and I'm always shocked when people eat how I used to eat. My boyfriends mum very rarely uses vegetables and I can't believe it, but then when I look back I think well actually we used to be the same.

I eat loads of chocolate as well, well obviously not as much as I used to :p but I'm very happy with the amount I eat. I really don't see slimming world as a diet, its a healthy eating plan and actually whatever you decide to use your syns on fit in with that as we need the sugars and fat a little

Back