DO YOU THINK THIS COULD WORK?

chalack

:)Just a quick question, anyone thats starts cd always has quite a high weight loss in there first week right? well if i was 2 come off cd for a coule of days untill im not in ketosis then go back on it would i loose that big amout the first week again? has anyone trtied this or even done it by accident? it kindda makes sense that it would work but im not sure, im thinking like 2 weeks sole source then have the weekend off then back on sole source again for 2 weeks, maybe you will get bigger weight losses???? Am i daft for thinking this way or just really really really DESPERATE lol

Ive been told by many people on here that if you keep coming off the diet it gets harder each time to restart, Ive been ss for 5wks 100%, personally I would stick to the diet for as long as pos as its the quickest way to lose the weight.hth.

by the way your weight losses have been great stick to it hunni and see the scales move downwards. well done.xx

No i wouldnt say it would work that way as your very first loss is alot of water..and some people have found that you body sts or losses less the week after through resisting to give in! Stick at it ... it wont be long!
It is harder to come off and get back on bosrd again...its just not the same as the first time and get worse each time you do it!

No it wouldn't work as the big loss in the first week is due to the liver loosing it stores and you would put it on in the time you came off it.

I think what would happen is, youd put on maybe 2 lbs over the weekend - then if you weighed yourself after the weekend you would lose more in that week, but you'd have gained weight over the weekend, if that makes sense.
So you'd lose slower.

Like we lose so much in the first week because we're flushing out all the rubbish, but if you ate for a weekend then you'd bring all the rubbish back in and the lose it - so after the weekend you'd lose alot, but over the weekend you'd gain a fair bit!

I dont think it would work as a long term thing no but i understand where you're coming from and i believe thats why i had such a good loss this week. Yes i lost 11lbs but i put on 3lbs the week before because of a weekend blowout so i really only lost 8lbs from my total iykwim? Plus then if you average it out over the two weeks, in reality i only lost an average of 4lbs over the two week period.

So while it seems pretty wow it really is a false economy and in all honesty i probably could & would have lost more in those two weeks (going by my previous losses) if i hadnt fallen of the wagon. And i wouldnt have had to fight the food demons - getting back into Ketosis isnt a problem for me, getting my head back in gear is another story.

So all in all i'd say not worth it, not worth confusing your body and def not worth confusing your mind - trust me its pretty demoralising to see the scales go up x

Hmmm thinking i could have explained myself better lol

The first week a lot of the huge loss is water weight so to get that big loss again i'm reckoning you'd need to gain back some water weight first which would prob involve a fair amount of carbs and would most likely incur a weight gain in the first instance. So you may yes get that big loss again like in the first week but once again a large portion of it would have been water weight, rather than fat, and you would have had to actually gain that water weight first. So you havent really made any headway iykwim. Its fat you want to be losing after all, not water :)

Not sure i've explained it any better the second time lmao ;)

LOL i understand what your saying, it was just a thought caus eim really really gettin desperate now :(

You've done really well in just three weeks. I know its easier said than done but sometimes stressing about the diet doesnt help, better to try & relax and let it take its course because it does work if we just allow it to.
In the first few weeks i thought often, i'll never get there, its taking so long, but time does pass more quickly once you get into it and for me the last two months of CD has flown by and the difference it has made in what really is a very short amount of time is phenomonal.
Try not to fret about it x

Hun, you have only been doing it for 3 weeks ... you wil soon become used to the diet.. i have done cd for 4 weeks, but prior to that did LT and it does get easier!
And as soon as you start dropping dress sizes you will love it!
Plus your losses are huge.. i would love to lose 4lbs a week.. but my max is 3lbs! My body like to keep a tight hold of fat...so you really are lucky!!!
Keep plodding and it will be sooo worth it!

ahh thanks you lot, im just a wimp and have never ever been able to stick at diets, i think its just the thought that this is gunna take forever. :(

I agree, stick to it. After all it's the fat loss that you want, water doesn't even come near. Hey, Karen0 how did you manage to lose 11lb in Week 13?

I dont think it would work as a long term thing no but i understand where you're coming from and i believe thats why i had such a good loss this week. Yes i lost 11lbs but i put on 3lbs the week before because of a weekend blowout so i really only lost 8lbs from my total iykwim? Plus then if you average it out over the two weeks, in reality i only lost an average of 4lbs over the two week period.

So while it seems pretty wow it really is a false economy and in all honesty i probably could & would have lost more in those two weeks (going by my previous losses) if i hadnt fallen of the wagon. And i wouldnt have had to fight the food demons - getting back into Ketosis isnt a problem for me, getting my head back in gear is another story.

So all in all i'd say not worth it, not worth confusing your body and def not worth confusing your mind - trust me its pretty demoralising to see the scales go up x

Hope Springs, as i posted earlier in this thread....this is why i think :eek:

Back