Do you think this would work?

ConfusedGirl

I have seen a few recipes for lemon cakes but most of them ask for rind and juice of lemon etc but all i have in is lemon extract, do you think it would work if i just used this instead? :D Wanting to make a nice low syn cake for desert today :D

It would work, but be careful you don't overdo it, just add a few drops at a time and taste until you find the taste you like, good luck with your cake.

Well i made it, i tasted the mixture before putting it in the oven and it tasted lemony lol so thought ok 1 tsp lemon extract must of been enough but ive just had a piece and it tasted kinda just plain you couldnt really taste the lemon at all :( Oh well it's still cake and im still gunna eat it :D haha! Ive just mixed some quark with a tsp lemon extract and put it in the fridge so if that turns out ok ill spread tha on top later :)

Thankyou britmum :)
I didn't think you could eat the peel of a lemon! I'll have to get a lemon next time im shopping and give it a try :)

try not to get any of the white bit of the peel into it though when you grate, you just want the yellow part, the white bit is really bitter.

Back