Do you think...

Lucy:D

dreamingofawaist
I'm thinking of making meatballs on a green day and thought maybe i could bulk them up with cous cous and slow cook them so the cous cous expands.. would that work?:rolleyes:

Not sure as I have never tried. However - if I had to guess - I would think they would possibly fall apart as the couscous swells quite a bit and (being full of liquid) it is quite squidgy.

I did meatballs for the kids last week and just mixed my meat (I used quorn mince), some wholemeal breadcrumbs, a beaten egg, chopped parsley and salt and pepper and some grated onion. I cooked them on a baking try in the oven and served them with a tomato sauce and spaghetti.

You could always substitute the spaghetti for the couscous??

Hope they work out and you enjoy them anyways but let me know how you get on - if it works with the couscous it could be one for me to try! xx

Asda meat free meatballs are 2 syns a bag (or they were) and are gorgeous! Couldnt hardly tell they werent meat! They would work :)

Think the cous cous would just get REALLY soggy and mushy x

thanks guys,
i've given it and go and shall report back as to how it works! the meatballs have def stuck together really well sooo far.. (tomorrow morning might be another story!)

2 syns- for a whole bag?! cheeso!

My friend is a chef with lots of experience in fine dining, and his top tip is to use grated potato in place of breadcrumbs for things like burgers and meatballs.

I've only tried it in burgers, but works a treat!

Jen, thanks for the tip which I will definitely use next time. I'm on green so potatoes are free too which makes it even better! x

It worked really well... Was v surprised and the cous cous thickened the sauce too xx yummy xx

Back