Do you treat yourself after every stone lost?

vowles

Im hoping to hit my 1 stone mark on Monday *Fingers Crossed* as me and OH really wanna go out for a lovely meal and to the cinema and i realllllllyyyy want a ben and jerrys sundae :)

Do you treat yourself once youve hit half a stone or stone?

I have a charm bracelet and add a new charm to it for every half stone- that way I am not using food as a reward and I have a constant reminder of my success that I can always see (piccies in profile if you fancy a nosey)

xxx

For me, as cheesy as it sounds, hitting each stone is more than treat enough :)

I spent years 'treating' myself, and look where it got me lol

Besides which, since starting SW, I have been eating everything I wanted anyway within plan, so a 'treat' would actually be something I didn't really fancy, just a throwback to my past, which is laughable for me!

I bought myself a London Blue topas solitaire ring and saved it until I hit 1stone.

I still smile when I wear it :)

For 2 stone I am getting matching earrings xxx

Anyone who is thinking about buying a ring should remember that fingers get thinner too!! Just before I retired I bought myself a present of a diamond and platinum ring - not large, but really pretty and cheaper because I bought it in Jersey. When I got it, it fitted my ring finger. I have now moved it (3 stones lighter!) to my middle finger, where it is now just a little bit loose.

So I guess my next "treat" will be getting it made smaller!!

Last edited:
I agree about the rings, the ring I wore every day, my wedding, engagement and eternity ring are now in the drawer and a ring that hubby got me for my 20th when I was slimmer than I am now is on my finger but it is loose.

Anyone who is thinking about buying a ring should remember that fingers get thinner too!! Just before I retired I bought myself a present of a diamond and platinum ring - not large, but really pretty and cheaper because I bought it in Jersey. When I got it, it fitted my ring finger. I have now moved it (3 stones lighter!) to my middle finger, where it is now just a little bit loose.

So I guess my next "treat" will be getting it made smaller!!

Not goinf to be able to do that with my enagagement ring! OH proposed in June (at my current heaviest) and it's already getting loose - as are my magnetic bracelet and watch. The jewellers he got it from have promised free resizing, but I'll believe that when it happens! By my wedding next June I'm not sure I'll be able to wear it without the risk of losing it!

And no - I won't be treating myself after every stone lost - I did the first time I did SW - but now every lb counts and I want to get out of the habit that food is a reward.

This is such a great idea - I am going to get myself charm bracelet - I can have one charm and two additional once I am on my goal.
Thank you for inspiration
xxxx

It might sound really depressingly boring but.....

For my half stone - I bought a slightly expensive garlic crusher.

For my stone - and my stone and a half (joint) - a slow cooker (just a few more lbs to go to the extra half!!)

For my two stone - I want to go to London, to see the musical Avenue Q. Having looked at the prices, and thinking of a hotel as well, it might just be my 2, 2 1/2, and 3 stone award combined!!!

Treating myself after every 1/2 stone makes me glad I've got so much to lose!! ;)

Plus, as weigh in is on a Wednesday, we usually 'treat' by going to the cinema. (Use my HEX b's on Hi-fi/Weetabix Oaty/Alpen Light bars and munch them instead of popcorn!)

I'm not sure what I'm going to do, so far the certificates and stickers have made me smile enough. Wont be choosing food, may treat myself to something nice when I get to my stone mark but not sure what yet

One of our members got a great reward from her hubby! He put an envelope on the fireplace & told her she could open it when she had lost a stone. She opened it this week after getting her stone award, and there was £100 inside!

Wow!!! Just remembered my OH said he'd take me to New York when I got to target - forgot about it as it seems so far away - but what with 2 honeymoons next year I may let him off ;)

C xx

Whoa, that's what I call a TREAT xxx

Wow!!! Just remembered my OH said he'd take me to New York when I got to target - forgot about it as it seems so far away - but what with 2 honeymoons next year I may let him off ;)

C xx

I'd love to go to NY :cry:

My OH has said he'll buy me a Tiffany's charm bracelet when I get to target and for every year I keep the weight off he'll get me a Tiffany's charm to go on it :D

Thats such a good idea with the charm bracelets!!!

Iv went to NY New years eve 2007 and it was amazing!!!!!

My OH has said he'll buy me a Tiffany's charm bracelet when I get to target and for every year I keep the weight off he'll get me a Tiffany's charm to go on it :D

Make him to write it down - you know, just in case :gimi:

I have a lovelinks bracelet and my consultant has got my charm, she's going to give me it next week when I get my stone! I should have got it this week, but had a naughty birthday.

Back