do you write everything down?

I tend to keep a food diary purely to note down all my syns so I don't miss anything. Makes me feel in control of what I'm eating and its good to look back on for inspiration :)

I try to write down the syns but am going to start listing it all so I can see that I'm getting my 1/3 superfree x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I try to plan the week before shopping.

I also joined class again last night and filled in online diaries for a couple of days - already found some changes since I last checked so I've obviously been too complacent.

I write everything down too, like others have said it's easy to forget what you've had otherwise.

I use one A4 page for a week and another thing I do is to write how much I lost that week on the page. It has helped me to see what I've done different when I've had a good loss. For example I've noticed that eating plenty of fruit helps my losses.

I only started this March so I still write everything down myself. I find it easier to see exactly what I'm eating and drinking, and keeping an eye on the syns. I'm sure that in time I won't be doing that any more when I'm used to a sensible eating plan.

soapy x

Pigler said:
I write everything down too, like others have said it's easy to forget what you've had otherwise.

I use one A4 page for a week and another thing I do is to write how much I lost that week on the page. It has helped me to see what I've done different when I've had a good loss. For example I've noticed that eating plenty of fruit helps my losses.

That's a great idea about writing how much weight you lost on there, I do go back and read my food diaries so think that will be something I add!!

I don't write anything down any more. It's too much like being on a diet if I write my food down! That said, I plan my evening meals and tend to be quite routine with breakfasts & lunches so it's not complicated to tot up syns etc in my head.

efk said:
I'm really bad so I made myself a spreadsheet; it's on a weekly basis from the morning after W.I. to W.I. day, Ive listed breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, tea, snack and put columns at the bottoms for my Healthy Extras so I can see what I've had and also a Syns total. The Syns total has a formula and takes the days Syns away from 105 so I know how many I have left for the week. I know I am a bit tragic!

Thanks for the idea. Will create a spreadsheet to do this.

Thanks x

Almost HOORAY!

Hi everyone. I had to share with you that I'm almost to goal weight. Lost another 2lbs at tonight's weigh-in. That's one more pound to reach my goal weight. YIPPEE!!! :clap:

Soapy xxxxx :wow:

soapyliz said:
Hi everyone. I had to share with you that I'm almost to goal weight. Lost another 2lbs at tonight's weigh-in. That's one more pound to reach my goal weight. YIPPEE!!! :clap:

Soapy xxxxx :wow:

That's fab. Well done you can do that this week no problem :)

Well done Soapy :D

I write everything down, especially when i've had a bad day/weekend/week!
I'm not so bothered when i'm on track as i'm a very boring eater so it doesn't really change very much lol.
I have a notebook, that is covered in stickers from my travels as invariably that's when i always want to lose weight, so it's kinda like a reminder for me i guess, i also took it on holiday (i'm such a saddo lol :eek:)
I still had everything i wanted as i was on holiday and i don't believe in dieting on holiday, but i made sure that i wrote everything down anyways.
Read it back and it turns out i'm a piggy on holiday! :17729:
I ate more in a day than i normally would in 3 days! Not so good really!

Anyhoo, the point of all this babble....yes i write everything down :)

I wrote everything down at the beginning, but then stopped after the first about 10 weeks. It's only just now that my losses have started slowing (23 weeks in) and although part of the reason it because I've got less to lose, but if I'm honest I know I've not been keeping a proper track of my syns. I spoke to my C about it last week and she gave me a food diary to fill in this week, which I've been doing to the letter, and it's brought home to me how much my syns have crept up.

Clearly Im still not at the stage where I can stop keeping track! oops!

I love keeping track of my food. I think is what initially the first time lead me to have such good big losses, as
I wanted to have that superfree box as filled as I can and not the syn box. It's easy to forget and I tend to
sneak in syns sometimes which has lead to my weight creeping back up again to what it was before.

I've downloaded and saved the one Pete supplied on page 2 and will be using this all the time to incorporate into
my day to day doings. I clearly don't eat enough free and superfree foods at the moment but I'm aiming to fix that! :rolleyes:

Back