do you write everything down?

laurenxx23

i dont know if this is where i am going wrong.
should i be writing everything down?
also i make a weekly meal plan but then if i am out etc im not sticking to it.

hi
when I started I wrote everything down, not so much now. I do use the online food diary from time to time so I can just check what I have eaten.
I think if its written somewhere and you can see what you are putting in your mouth then there are no excuses for cheating, even on my bad days I wrote everything down!!
My losses have pretty much been small and frustrating but after yesterdays weigh in am a lot more positive.

I used to write everything down but haven't done so for about a year. This is partly because I want my eating habits to be 'normal' and as I know that the SW plan is for life I dont really see how I can write down what i eat every day for the rest of it.
That said, since EE came out, there isn't really anything to write down - my HEA is always my milk for tea , coffee , cereal etc and my HEB is invairably used at breakfast time for toast, cereal or hi fi bars. I tend to have the same syns etc most days and I always manage to keep track of them.

BUT......I do green and original days sometimes and on these I do jot down my Healthy Extras as there are more of them to remember lol.

I am lucky in that I do have a very good memory but if I was a bit scatty then I would have that pen and notebook permanantly on my kitchen worktop x

I write everything down, it keeps me honest. You don't have to do it but for a lot of people it does help.

I heard somewhere that's it's a good idea to write everything down for the first few weeks/months until you feel you've got into it, then to stop noting everything down so it's more like real life. I've been filling in my online diary even on the bad days and it's really helped my weightloss this time as I forget easily.x

I don't write everything down but totally agree its a good idea if your struggling it means your consultant can check it for you too for a second opinion ;) I do try to plan my meals for the week so shopping is easier but don't assign each meal a day just nice to know I have options in depending on how I feel

I have a bad memory and the tendency to make excuses for making bad choices and I really do find writing everything down helps so much. I just quickly list my free foods, then superfree, then healthy extras, and then syns. Doing that I can see at a glance how I'm doing.

I feel fairly confident about this weeks weigh in cause I feel like I know I'm not cheating myself :) hopefully I will be able to stop at some point in the future but for now I'm happy and it's keeping me sane.

Think it's one of those things that depends very much on the individual and what works for them in that period of time :)

I tend to make a plan of what I am going to cook (generally at the weekend) and then therefore what I will eat (and shop for) I use a weekly meal planner document that I found online View attachment notebook_food_menu_planner_weekly_list.pdf

I also then follow up my filling in my food diary, I have downloaded the slimming world one and then I just keep a track of everything on a daily basis, makes me be honest especially when things change and I cant stick to my planned meals.

What works for one may not work for another but I find that this keeps me focussed...

Good luck :)

Hey I am very new to sw and am an old Ww gal so I'm used to tracking. I use the iwatchr app and have all my frequently used syns stored
As my favourites. I do track everything so I can keep tabs on my SuperDrive foods but I imagine over time I will just track my syns. X

I don't do it all the time but I would recommend it. For eg. if you have a bad week you can look over it or let someone else look at it to see where you went wrong. Also if you have a really good week you can look over what all You ate for future reference.

Good luck

I only write down my syns, so I can keep track of them. If I'm out and about, and use some syns, I write it down on the back of my hand so I don't forget! If I have a maintain or a small gain, without realising why, then I'll keep a full food diary the following week just to refocus myself.

i did a food diary for 4 weeks when I started as thats what S W recomment and the c likes to look at how youre doing and if you need any obvious help. She has said to members though not to write everything down religiously because its not normal life at stivesliz says.I think personally I would get very obsessed with writing it all down. However, everyone has their own way of working I suppose. :)

I tend to make a plan of what I am going to cook (generally at the weekend) and then therefore what I will eat (and shop for) I use a weekly meal planner document that I found online View attachment 59870

I also then follow up my filling in my food diary, I have downloaded the slimming world one and then I just keep a track of everything on a daily basis, makes me be honest especially when things change and I cant stick to my planned meals.

What works for one may not work for another but I find that this keeps me focussed...

Good luck :)

Thanks, that looks really useful x

Despite the amount of time i've done SW for...i still write everything down, i have a file with every week wrote down including how many syns i used, what i had for my HEa's and b's, so i can resort back to them if i am struggling. I also write a meal plan down for the week so i know what i am going to have.

I write everything down, keeping a food diary is a useful tool even if you aren't doing SW. I'm a natural grazer - I can't just have 3 square meals, I need little nibbles here and there and if I write things down I'm totally honest and count every little bite. Otherwise it's easy to forget that you had a biscuit with your cup of tea, or that 3rd glass of wine....

I'm really bad so I made myself a spreadsheet; it's on a weekly basis from the morning after W.I. to W.I. day, Ive listed breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, tea, snack and put columns at the bottoms for my Healthy Extras so I can see what I've had and also a Syns total. The Syns total has a formula and takes the days Syns away from 105 so I know how many I have left for the week. I know I am a bit tragic!

I'm really bad so I made myself a spreadsheet; it's on a weekly basis from the morning after W.I. to W.I. day, Ive listed breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, tea, snack and put columns at the bottoms for my Healthy Extras so I can see what I've had and also a Syns total. The Syns total has a formula and takes the days Syns away from 105 so I know how many I have left for the week. I know I am a bit tragic!

I do pretty much the same thing, not a spreadsheet but I have a rolling tally of my syns from 105 on WI day, resetting for the next WI. I find it really helpful!

Back