Do your instructors talk??

athens

Hi all! I just gave Zumba a go yesterday and it seemed to me that the instructor should talk and warn us about the coming steps etc. needless to say that my friend and i were staring at the rest of the class most of the time. I haven't been to another class do I don't know what's right. Any lights? She didn't speak at all, she kept dancing AROUND and it got me thinking...

my instructor does, but they are actually taught not to, you are supposed to pick the steps up by following them! But when you are new its hard, as you have no idea whats coming next. My instructor does a quick run through whenever e are any new people. it took me weeks to pick up the routines and then she would introduce a new song and you felt like a newbie again!

Dont give up it is worth it!

I go to Zumba twice sometimes three times a week. I have a fantastic instructor for 2 of the sessions who talks us through everything but I recently found out that they shouldn't really. The other instructor I go to doesn't say a word and needless to say I find her classes difficult!! You get into the swing of things eventually. It's a case of sticking with it.

I went to Zumba for the first time today and my instructor was a girl I went to school with, and she spoke the whole way through.

On most of the dances she went through the basic moves before playing the song.
Whether that was for the benefit of the newbies, or if that's just what she does, I'm yet to discover.
However, during the dancing, she told us the next move coming up, encouraging the class etc.

Come to think of it, she had a microphone headset on. Surely if she wasn't to speak during the dancing, she wouldn't need to wear one as she wouldn't have to compete with the music.

I think her in instruction really helped, as I got lost a few times, and I don't think I would have enjoyed it half as much as I'd've just messed up all the dances, felt a failure and not wanted to go back.

I agree Elfy! I like your instructor's approach! It doesn't let you get very disappointed, I haven't been back to that Zumba place I mentioned earlier myself!

My Zumba instructor is crazy! Spanish, 50 and full of life. Heavily Latin influenced in the music and she really encourages us all to join in with shouting UNO, DOS, TRES etc! You can't help but be swept along by her.

this may be an old post but im a new zumba instructor my first class on thursday but as a pupil i hate going through the moves as much always have cos i get out of puff before the song and cant give the song what i want i am looking to cue nearly every move though

Back