Do your partners support you?

when i first started CD in feb my OH at the time was a right flipping selfish twat, he knew it was gonna be hard for me as i todl him, straight please dont eat round me cos i want this too work for me, so what did he do brought cakes, busicuits, sweets, pastys etc etc and scoffed them all in front of me, knowing full well i was on CD, i got more support of my 12 year old than i did him.... Thank god i aint with him any longer :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D he needed CD himself

Blimey Emm, that's awful. Good for you that you're not together anymore, if he couldn't support you, he could at least have tried not to make it more difficult than it already is. Bet you'll lose the weight in no time without him.

Thanks hunni, he was a complete <beep beep beep beep> it was the same when i tried to give up the fags, no support what so ever and smoking in front of me .... Grrrr.... Never mind, forward and up now for me, i will become fag & fat free with the help of you lovely lot on minimins :)

My OH was supportive to start with but after 6 weeks he's now not so great !

He's started being a bit selfish about it all and is starting to tempt me into having takeaways or drinking !

I still feed him lovely home cooked meals ( though it kills me ! ) and he has the odd takeaway so it's not like it should be bothering him - but it is !

I think he thought it would be a phase I was going through, but I'm determined to be slim this time

My OH was supportive to start with but after 6 weeks he's now not so great !

He's started being a bit selfish about it all and is starting to tempt me into having takeaways or drinking !

I still feed him lovely home cooked meals ( though it kills me ! ) and he has the odd takeaway so it's not like it should be bothering him - but it is !

I think he thought it would be a phase I was going through, but I'm determined to be slim this time

He's probably just scared that once your confidence soars and you know that you could have anyone, you will! He ought to be ashamed of himself, it's support that you want not temptation.

Well done for sticking with it in the face of adversity, extra brownie points go to you :)

My husband is supportive because he's doing it too...

My husband has been very supportive from the start and does is thrilled when I tell hiim my weekly weigh in. Like some of the others I too could not have done this without him. I have to say I was very honest with before starting this and I explained the diet the criticism of vlc's etc after having researched CD etc. Also told him how I felt about being overweight etc. That helped.

Turn around in my situation - hubby started on CD yesterday!! He know realises it works and is supporting me, even making them for me!! ha ha

I've had the "don't leave me when your a size 10" chat...so i just replied, "so you think i'm only with cos i'm fat??" He soon knew when to stop! :ashamed0005:
Thought he was going to keele over when I first told him the price, but when I said its only a fiver a day for brekki, lunch, tea (and I used to spend that just on lunch a day) he realised, we'd probably save money!
I was trying to keep this diet a bit of a secret, but he is so proud at the weight i've lost in this first week, the whole world and his wife now know i'm on CD!
He is really good, he does his and the kids tea, washes up ,then puts them to bed whilst i'm at work. ahh i've got him well trained :whip::D

mine is great so far, although we also had to have the 'you won't leave me when you're thin will you?' but i think the lightest i've been when i've been with him was 15st 7. and you don't get many fat people in denmark (whenever we visit his family i stick out like 10 sore thumbs) so he had to get used to my size in any case. but what is the 'you'll run away and find something better' syndrome. if i wanted something better i would already have gone out there and got it!! as far as i'm concerned i have the best for me.

abz xx

my OH is now supportive, day 8 2day, think he wanted to see how much i lost and if i could stick to it..... but now he's over the moon for me and really supportive and now realised that im really motivated and sticking to it!

My husband was great and said do whatever makes you happy and that he will support me well that was untill he realised I was not to eat anything just the shakes I think it freaked him out he seems to think it's dangerous now no matter what i say to convince him

mine offered to live on sandwiches so we could afford it. thing is, he probably will because i've refused to cook for him and he doesn't like cooking for one. the last two nights in a row he's had spaghetti with tomato puree and cheese on top... ha.

abz xx

Yes my other half is supportive, unfortunately due to working hours & 2 wee ones i still have to do the majority of the food preparation & cooking, but thats ok.

He also still has his little food treats at night, choccy, crisps & the like. But the way i look at it is this...these are temptations i'm going to have to resist anyway when all this is over (if i'm to change the eating habits of a lifetime that got me to this size) so i may as well tackle that here & now. I dont want to have to hide myself away from others when they're eating, nor do i want others to feel guilty for eating around me. I have to learn that just because there's food around, I dont have to eat it.

he hasnt been brave enough to bring home takeaway though....just as well as i may just have to kill him if he does ;)

Other than that he's been buying me little motivational/well done gifts along the way. Plants for my garden, glossy magazines and bless him he bought me a smoothie maker the other week :D and he's always congratulating me on my losses & telling me i look different.

My OH has been good too.I have only started yesterday and i have warned him ,it might get murderous(I am also just going throught the menopause).

He has offered to live off ready meals for the next week or two (we are going on holiday(btw i didn't mean to start just before my hols,but it happened,so am going sole source 1 week then 700 for a week,then i must eat healthy salads on holiday,not idealsolution but hey).

I have just been to m &s (more money!) cos their count on us range (low cal) are yummy and i am training him into healthy eating mode in preparation for the long haul (diet,I mean,not flight).

They have a 30% off many of their meals at the moment plus eg the italian range have a further discount..savings..!!Freezer is now stocked-i don't want to go to a supermarket again..

Anyhoo,he is asking me every day how i am feeling .Today I texted him and said "I am so tiny i have fallen down a drain,help"
He replied "when I left this morning,I couldn't even see you in the bed"

Back