Doc said no

juelou

I went to my doctor last week feeling very low over my weight gain in the last few months I do sw but because I reached a Plato got fed up and had the dreaded gain :( anyone while I was there I discovered I have a large hernia that has got to be operated on and bluntly she told me they won't do it while you are that size so I begged for help via the tablets but she won't give them to me I left feeling worse than when I went in

Oh dear?? I.can imagine. :-( have you considered Alli ? They are the same thing but had the strength and you can get over the counter? Just a suggestion if.l you were desperate. People do get positive results from them??

hi hanks i have read lots of things about alli and just spoke to hubby who thinks there very expensive i have done sw for a week and have lost 7 lb :) but i have appointment at the hospital in oct and dont want to be put down by the doctor and now i have 2 daughters getting married next year so need to get this weight off as quick as i can but still stay healthy

hi hanks i have read lots of things about alli and just spoke to hubby who thinks there very expensive i have done sw for a week and have lost 7 lb :) but i have appointment at the hospital in oct and dont want to be put down by the doctor and now i have 2 daughters getting married next year so need to get this weight off as quick as i can but still stay healthy

So sorry they said no. Did they give you a reason why? Trouble is the GPs see so many people who lose a lot of weight on xen then regain it as they go back to old eating habits. Also I don't think they know enough about the meds they are prescribing to understand how it works really. Maybe ask to see another GP at the surgery & show them our results & how we don't all put it back on! Good Luck xx

thanks im going back next week to see my doc but he has told me in the past i can do it with diet and exercise easy for her to say she is a size zero

Awww really sorry to hear she said no. I am taking Alli at the moment which is the same as Xen only half the strength, but I know my doctor will give me Xen when I go back.

It really depends how determined you are to do this. The vast majority of weight loss people have on Xenical is nothing to do with the fact that it reduces the fat absorbed. It's more because they don't want the consequences of eating too much fat, so that makes then make healthy choices. If you have the willpower to do it, you can do it without Xenical.

Think about it logically, Xenical blocks about 30% of the fat you eat (is that right?). If you eat a total of 45g of fat over the day, that means there will be around 13.5g of fat that you eat but don't absorb. Each gram of fat contains 9 calories. So each day, you are reducing your intake by 121.5 calories.

So bearing in mind, that to lose just 1lb you need to reduce your calories by 3,500...... you can say Xenical is directly responsible for 1lb of weight loss every 28 days or so.

I'm not trying to put anyone off here, but instead show you that the reason people lose weight on Xenical is not really down to the fat it cuts out of your diet (well around 1lb every 28 days is) but the fact that it keeps you on the straight and narrow, you don't eat that chocolate bar if you fancy it, or have that take away.

So if your doctor won't give you Xenical and you can't afford Alli, you can still do this. Dieting isn't easy, I know, but with enough determination and support you can do it hun. Best of luck xxx

Completely agree I lost just over 2 stone on xen & another 5.5 after I came off it but it is an amazing deterrent

Completely agree I lost just over 2 stone on xen & another 5.5 after I came off it but it is an amazing deterrent

Oh yes. Two nights ago I was DYING to eat my fave meal from our local Chinese take away. I know if I had not been on Alli I would have had it but being on this I knew I was not going to give in and face the consequences lol.

MM2B and Lexie are quite right, the difference in weight loss as a direct result of the Orlistat is very small, but as Lexie also said, it can be a good deterrent if your willpower's not too good! :) xx

so on alli do you just have 3 meals no snacks and choc ect can never pass your lips again ?

No you can have snacks but you're right about chocolate it's a no no but you have to think what is most important getting to goal or chocolate. For me it's my health & happiness that are most important xx

Its similar to Xen but as it's half the strength you have a little more leaway. For my weight it tells me to eat up to 1800 calories a day (although I tend to do between 1400 - 1700), up to 19g of fat in any one meal. It states it best to chose fat free snacks like fruit but says if needed, you can have snacks of up to 3g of fat across the day.

I've been mostly having fruit through the day and then as a pudding on a night having sugar free jelly with a pot of Danone chocolate pudding over it. Its quite rich and very yummy and its about 2g of fat I think.

I paid about £37 for the months worth I think from Lloyds pharmacy online.

Since they changed the rules in the UK regarding certain prescription drugs you can now buy Xenical online [You have to complete an online consultation which gets approved by a doctor] - The downside to this is that you pay full price for them [£55 for a months supply] so it depends on your financial situation.

I get mine this way as I'm no longer classed by my doctor as being in the category in which they would normally be prescribed, And there are lots of reputable companies from which you can buy them from online now too.

with 2 wedding to pay for i really cant afford that much :( at the min my will power is good last week doing slimming world i lost 7 lb i didnt eat any syns apart from any i used for cooking so maybe i will see how next week goes and leave alli on the back burner till i start to struggle i know i will a few months down the line :)

with 2 wedding to pay for i really cant afford that much :( at the min my will power is good last week doing slimming world i lost 7 lb i didnt eat any syns apart from any i used for cooking so maybe i will see how next week goes and leave alli on the back burner till i start to struggle i know i will a few months down the line :)

Sounds like you are doing great anyway :)

Hi Ladies, I was wondering if someone could give me some advice. I bought the Alli starter pack a few months ago off amazon but since found a different weight loss system that works for me. It's too late to return the tablets and can't sell on ebay, do you have any ideas on web sites or companies who would buy back? I don't expect much for them and certainly not the £45 I paid but seems a shame to throw them away? Sorry I couldn't think where else to ask

Pippasdvision said:
Hi Ladies, I was wondering if someone could give me some advice. I bought the Alli starter pack a few months ago off amazon but since found a different weight loss system that works for me. It's too late to return the tablets and can't sell on ebay, do you have any ideas on web sites or companies who would buy back? I don't expect much for them and certainly not the £45 I paid but seems a shame to throw them away? Sorry I couldn't think where else to ask

I'd be astonished if you could find a legitimate site that would buy drugs from you, to be honest, but you never know what goes on on the web, lol. Otherwise I'd take them to a pharmacy for safe disposal. :) xx

Back