doc won't sign forms?

Bluepaws

Apologies if I have spelt that incorrectly...

I wouldjust like to know if anyone here is/has been on CD whilst taking this medication and if they had any problems.
Also, does this type of medication require your G.P'S consent to start CD? Thanks in advance :)

Apologies if I have spelt that incorrectly...

I wouldjust like to know if anyone here is/has been on CD whilst taking this medication and if they had any problems.
Also, does this type of medication require your G.P'S consent to start CD? Thanks in advance :)

Hi,

It's okay to use CD if on Thyroxine - GP's signature is required on the MRF as there is a medical condition and you're taking prescribed medication. Shouldn't be a problem though.

hope that helps.

Debz x

Hi there. I'm on levothyroxine and had to get my Dr's signature to do the diet. She had no problem signing the form.
I have not experienced any problems with the diet and can honestly say that it is a huge relief to lose weight at a good pace. I've lost 1st11lbs in 7 weeks. This is amazing for me as I am very slow to lose weight (the joys of a slow metabolism!)
I know that once T4 and TSH levels are stable when taking thyroxine that your weight loss should be the same as everyone else's. I can honestly say that I have tried other diets since being diagnosed with hypothyroidism and even though I've stuck to them religiously I've still only lost at a rate of 1 lb a week!
This diet has been a Godsend as I thought I'd be dieting for the rest of my life the conventional way!
Sorry to harp on. Hope this helps a little and good luck on your weight loss.
Ceri

Thanks ladies. The advice is for my Gran, who at 70 years young, would like to start CD. She has seen how well it has worked for me and would like to try it herself to lose 2 stone before her hols to Egypt :) Will let her know and contact cc. thanks again.

Have spoken to my gran today and she is sure her g.p. won't sign her form. She has not asked yet, but just seems certain of this.

I saw a thread on here a month ago or so with someone else with the same worry and someone gave a fantastic reply about not needing the docs approval/permission just authorisation that they patients medical background? or something like this...
Can anyone help? Thanks :)

I think that was me, I know if you have bmi 40+ but not on meds you dont need permission as such just a signature to certify that you have informed the gp of what you are doing
im not 100% sure about if someone is on meds though, i think that actual permission may be needed in that case, the person who would know is icemoose [mike] he will prob be on tommorow so i will try and bring this thread to his attention for you
nat x

Thanks natayou! Hopefully it won't be a problem for her as she's feeling quite excited about this now. my cdc has suggested that my Gran think about the 790 or 1000 cal plan, which she is happy to follow, so that will be in her favour when she talks to her g.p.

I had a problem with this when i tried to do LL so i just forgot about it. I was told i could try and get a private Dr to fill out the form, but i haven't got that kind of money.

After i began geting more and more depressed about my weight i decided to see another dr in my surgery, one that i knew would be more understanding (i asked around who was most sympathetic and caring) and after i explained the diet to him and told him why i wanted to do it, he was happy to sign the forms as long as i go back to see him to check that i am doing ok.

So maybe you could try another GP?? I was told that young female doctors are more understanding when it comes to things like diet.

Good Luck

Your Gran could suggest to her Dr that she will do the diet with or without his/her permission (not that she should but just suggest it!) Surely it is better that a Doctor is informed and can monitor progress than refusing to sign the forms! If your Gran is only on thyroxine it ought to be alright.
Best of lick to you and your Gran.
Ceri

Hi folks,
the doctor signs to confirm that the medical information you have given is accurate i.e. medication or condition. They are not endorsing the diet, recommending it or giving you permission to do it. The doctor may charge you for his/her autograph.Your cdc should be able to provide your gp with a information booklet.Failing that your cdc could contact the medical advisor at Cambridge who would write to the gp and address any concerns they might have.(usually an over inflated ego/delusions of adequacy)

Alex

hello! just wanted to add here that ur grans doc might decide to charge for signing the form BUT it is definately true that he is only digning off to confirm her medical history/situation. its none of his business to "decide" if she can do the diet. best thing is for her to tell him shes doing the diet but needs proof of her medical history and not to even slightly "ask" his opinion.

nice to see that ur weight loss is impressing others enuff to want to follow ur steps! u must be doing great :D xxxx

d'oh!!! just seen ur ticker. i think u r doing MORE than great. well done! :D :D

Back