Doctor who???? (No not the gorgeous David Tennant one!)

Julesy

Likes being a girly girl
I've just got back from the doctors as I am suffering terribly with stress at the moment.....

I have a LOT going on at home (my middle child has ADHD and is causing me tons of problems, my youngest son is being tested for ADHD and my ex hubby got married last week without telling the kids causing them to be upset....), at work I have a lady in the office causing me no end of problems......she has been bullying me for weeks now and spreading malicious gossip about me and is threatening to involve the Unions as she has now been warned about her behaviour.....
Sooooooooo....I went to the doctors as I am feeling like I am stretched to breaking point.......I refused anti-depressants as I've been off them now for 3 years after being on them for nearly 9 years prior to that and the doctor said that CBT would most likely help me out.
He also asked how my diet and exercise was.........which brings me to the point of this. I explained that I was doing CD and that I had lost 24 pounds alreday, and he said......"Well that sounds dodgy!!!!!" I told him that the diet was actually recommended by doctors and wasn't dodgy at all....but he said he had never heard of it and he thinks it isn't helping me!!!!! :eek:
Ummmm.....the only good thing I have going in my life right now is this diet....lol....losing this excess weight is actually doing me a ton of good and getting all the nutrients etc from the packs is ensuring that I am getting everything my body needs to fight off all this crap!

Just thought it was such a strange comment for a doctor to come out with.....and I just wanted some reassurance from you good people that I was doing the right thing.....I kinda know alreday that I am, but I just need to hear it from others too......:)

(((((hugs)))))

Sorry that you're having such a rough time at the moment :hug99:
I suppose that not all doctors have heard of the diet and so aren't in a position to really comment. The only thing that I can usefully tell you is that the doctors at my surgery are very supportive of Cambridge - my sister went to get her form signed last week and there was no problem whatsoever, in fact they were very encouraging.

Sorry that you're having such a rough time at the moment :hug99:
I suppose that not all doctors have heard of the diet and so aren't in a position to really comment. The only thing that I can usefully tell you is that the doctors at my surgery are very supportive of Cambridge - my sister went to get her form signed last week and there was no problem whatsoever, in fact they were very encouraging.

Thanks honey.....this is the first time I've mentioned to any doctor about me doing CD and so was kinda expecting some words of encouragement, not the 'dodgy' comment or the negativity.....just made me very curious as to why a doctor would say something like that! (To be fair he was rather young and very yummy...so I forgive him...hehe!)

well i went to doc yesterday and she was all for it and was really supportive i think if a doctors heard of it and know about it their fine but if they havent they think its some quick crash diet. if i was u i would stay on it as ull feel even worse if u put weight on hope it goes ok ashley xx

aww you poor thing.I hope things start to look brighter for you soon. Feck your doctor, this is a great diet and you would be mad to stop now keep going you have come this far you might as well finish :) ((hugs))

xx becky xx

Thank you so much!!!!

Hey I have no intentions of stopping this diet until the finish! I can actually see a light at the end of the tunnel for me now, and I even bought myself a new pair of trousers today in a size 18 that were quite roomy...only 5 weeks ago I was in a tight size 20...and I bought a fabulous new top in a size 16!!!! I tried them on and actually thought I looked 'not bad' in them!
I can really really see a difference in my shape and it makes me feel really good and positive about myself in the crapness that is my life! :)
So there is no way I will stop this diet, regardless of what my dishy doctor says........

:p to him!

Thank you so much!!!!

Hey I have no intentions of stopping this diet until the finish! I can actually see a light at the end of the tunnel for me now, and I even bought myself a new pair of trousers today in a size 18 that were quite roomy...only 5 weeks ago I was in a tight size 20...and I bought a fabulous new top in a size 16!!!! I tried them on and actually thought I looked 'not bad' in them!
I can really really see a difference in my shape and it makes me feel really good and positive about myself in the crapness that is my life! :)
So there is no way I will stop this diet, regardless of what my dishy doctor says........

:p to him!

That is brill. I was out shopping at the weekend got this fab pair of jeans size 24 mm...used to be a 26 and i thought i looked good too. And a top in a 22 woohoo GO US we'll be skinnies in no time :) :) :)

:hug99: Sounds like you're going through a really horrible time at the moment.

If the diet makes you happy then continue with it. I know that seeing the scales go down each week certainly keeps me going on.

I can't believe your ex didn't even tell your boys he was getting remarried ... you'd think they'd be top of the guest list.

Anyway, don't let the b**tards get you down and have another :hug99:.

That is brill. I was out shopping at the weekend got this fab pair of jeans size 24 mm...used to be a 26 and i thought i looked good too. And a top in a 22 woohoo GO US we'll be skinnies in no time :) :) :)

Yayyyyyyyyyyyy go Becky!!!!!!! WooooHoooo!!! Bloody fabulous honey and I can just imagine how lushly you looked too! Good on ya! (((((hugs)))))

:hug99: Sounds like you're going through a really horrible time at the moment.

If the diet makes you happy then continue with it. I know that seeing the scales go down each week certainly keeps me going on.

I can't believe your ex didn't even tell your boys he was getting remarried ... you'd think they'd be top of the guest list.

Anyway, don't let the b**tards get you down and have another :hug99:.

Thanks sweetie........I will not let anyone spoil this part of my life which is going fabulous...just got to work on all the other horrid stuff and I'll be back feeling positive and happy about life in general again....I really hate feeling so down....it's not like me at all.....

Big hugs to you, I remember going to see my doc after the diet and he asked how Id done it, I told him it was CD, and he said, oh, its like when I was at uni and lived off pot noodles!!!! I said, um, No!!!

He had never heard of it, but not so long after, the pharmacy attached started doing LT and now he has to approve that so I guess I must have helped him along someway!!!

That's the problem with obesity care in this country ... no consistancy, lack of real knowledge on the part of the health professionals and a lack of real support. You have doctors who have never heard of a VLCD, doctors who are vehemently against it and those who positively promote it. How are we supposed to make informed choices if the NHS can't even get its act together regarding what's available to people trying to lose weight?

In my surgery, VLCDs aren't only acknowledged as existing but actively accepted as a bona fide method of losing weight. In fact, one of the doctors successfully used CD herself.

The last time I went to the doctors, my GP asked if I could afford Lighter Life (she feels I'd benefit from the CBT). There's no way I can afford it but it begs the question ... why doesn't the NHS run courses along the lines of LL? If they really want to address the problem of obesity then they shouldn't just send overweight patients out of their doors with a flea in their ear about how being obese is damaging their health and how they should lose weight ... NO SH*T SHERLOCK!!

A properly managed VLCD course with CBT that doesn't cost an arm and a leg would turn people's lives around and ultimately save the NHS millions. They can offer support in several forms for those wanting to quit smoking - why not for those who want to lose weight?

.... just came back for my soap box! ;)

Russiandoll, you have hit the nail on the head.

We have this discussion quite frequently at work (I work for the NHS!), even if it wasn't subsidised then a positive attitude towards it would go a long way. However, just think about the tax that the government earns from us buying excess food and you can see why they don't want to take this sensible approach.

Julesy - you are doing brilliant with all the pressure that you are under, keep it up and you will be at goal in no time!

Theresa x

Back