Doctor won't give me any xenical...

I just wanted to tell you my experience on Xenical. I was desperate for them and started taking them and went on a low fat diet. However, the side effects were awful. Even though I wasnt eating any fat, I was still going to the loo and well lets just say, it was awful!!!! sometimes I would have to run to the loo!!! it made me anxious because if I wasnt near a toilet I would worry that I would crap myself!!! LOL

Dont bother with them, I tried Reductil which worked better but not for everyone. Nothing worked for me in the end other than the Cambridge Diet.

I was just about to suggest Boots, But I see you`re already onto it ;)

Good Luck! x

And whats wrong with the one point crisps? :confused:

If I remember correctly,some of the Weight Watcher crisps are over the 5% fat rule Sandy. There are ones that aren't though, like the salt and vinegar hoop thingies ( very technical I know lol :D )

Lillypop, I totally get what you are saying, however nothing worked for me until I got got prescribed Xenical. Its all horses for courses isn't it? :D

If I remember correctly,some of the Weight Watcher crisps are over the 5% fat rule Sandy. There are ones that aren't though, like the salt and vinegar hoop thingies ( very technical I know lol :D )

lol Hey thats technical enough for me to follow ;)

I didnt realise they were so high in fat. Hmmm just goes to show how much attn I dont pay lol

Hiya Starlight, it is definately xenical that Boots give you and its a 4 week course. There is a weaker version coming on to the market soon taht you can buy over the counter called Alli I think. They mentioned it to me yesterday.

WW 1 point crisp (Tortillas) are 15% fat so wont be eating any more of those! The lowest fat crisp I've found ao far are Adas oven baked crisp, they're 8%. Will have to buy some salt and vinegar hoops thingies lol.

Hi Looby :pmy story is very similar to yours. I feel im constantaly on a diet ,and any aid to help is a bonus. I am on my first week of Xenical and i know it wont speed up the process but it has helped me be more in control over what i have eaten this week. Rather than think sod it ill have that chinese with my husband or steal food of my kids plate and binging....its made me think before i eat something. I think i have been given this chance to to take Xenical and in return im going to give it 100%. My frame of mind is different this week i feel like i can succeed Regards Sharon x:jelous:

Hiya Sharon, good to hear your in a similar situation. Sounds like the xenical are doing the trick. I'm hopefully getting some on Thursday (from Boots, not gp) but am trying to be good in the meantime (and not doing to bad) and suss out what I can and can't eat. Good luck and keep us posted.

Lou

Hi Lou,

Just thought I would let you know about my journey so far. I've been on various diets and lost a little with each one but always put the weight back on (and more). I've also discovered that I binge eat, mainly for comfort and through boredom. I suffer from depression and I use food to make myself feel better although then I feel guilty for eating and being fat - a viscious circle.

My doctor has said that if I can lose 2.5kg in 4 weeks then he is willing to try me on Xenical, but only because my weight affects my depression.

I know it's not a miracle pill but I'm hoping that by knowing the awful side effects that can happen if I binge, I should be able to break the emotional connection I have with certain food types and retrain my mind.

Good luck with your journey - keep us posted x

The main problem i had with Xenical was that even when I wasnt binge eating the side effects were still severe. I was eating salads, fruit, meat etc, mostly things without fat, but it still made me really ill, first month was not too bad, I was kinda waiting for the bad stuff to happen, but after that it just kinda smacked me in the face.

I wish you's all the best, and I hope you have a better experience than me!

:)

Hey littlemiss :) I hope you've found something that is working for you and helping you lose :)
x

The only time I have had side effects is when I have eaten foods too high in fat and mostly been aware of what i am doing at the time.

IMO, the majority of people that say Xenical had them on the loo all day have been eating too much fat. They have either started the diet not having enough information about what they should be doing or not wanting to admit to themselves that they were eating too much fat while on them.

Apart from extreme cases where the drug dissagree's with them, I can not see any other reason.

Everyone is very different. I was strict about not eating fat while on Xenical, although I did still eat things that contained fats like flora, chicken, yogurt etc. Don't get me wrong im glad I took it, but I wish I'd stopped sooner..I kept using it hoping it would work. But its really helped me with my calorie counting as its easier for me to tell what contains fat now. I've lost 2 stone now in 10 weeks!

One of my friends lost 3 stones on Xenical, she suffered the side effects but kept going..she done great! :)

See that's the thing though, Flora might be made from seed oils, but its still high in fat hun. Even some low fat spreads I've thought yeah ok, I could maybe use them, when I've gone to look at the label, they were 37% fat :eek: Xenical,doesn't differentiate between good fats and bad fats :rolleyes:
Well done on your weight loss though , 2 stone in 10 weeks is a great weight loss, and well done to your friend too :)
xx

Yeah the Xenical certainly doesn't forgive you does it! lol I love the Flora light spread, still use it now, but iv not been eating as much bread so don't really have it. I tried Ryvita for the first time the other day...was horrible...OH says to try it with some flora...think i'll jst stick to the rice cakes. ;)

In all honesty I just stopped using spreads when I started Xenical. If I want something on my bread I use either philly extra light, tomato sauce, or kraft thousand island light :)

Back