Doctor won't sign my form !!

Jambro

Hi all,
Well after a lot of sole searching (and moaning on here!) I have decided to give CD another go.
Met with my very nice CDC last night discovered she lives within spitting distance of my house so she can see me from her lounge window and check I am behaving myself!!
Anyway, rang to get form signed and been told my practise are no longer signing CD forms.
I really don't know what to do.
This is going to be a nightmare...

Well that's great support!! :(

Where is the next nearest Doctor's practice? Personally, if they are not willing to support their patients doing a long standing and medically proven diet, it shows how ignorant they are and I would not want any of them as my Doctor.

Can you not go and see a gp privately? I would ring your consultant and ask her advice chick. Hope you can sort it :)

Where is the next nearest Doctor's practice? Personally, if they are not willing to support their patients doing a long standing and medically proven diet, it shows how ignorant they are and I would not want any of them as my Doctor.

I agree! How can they not help you in your weightloss!
Have they given any explanation as to why?

How does it normally work then? Do you have to get a form from a CD counsellor and then get a doc to sign it off on prescription? What cost is involved too, or can you get it on prescription?

Hope you get it sorted out xx

Sorry to bombard your thread :)

How does it normally work then? Do you have to get a form from a CD counsellor and then get a doc to sign it off on prescription? What cost is involved too, or can you get it on prescription?

Because it is a VLCD you have to get a form from the CDC, take it to your Doctor to be signed, then return it to your CDC before you can start Cambridge. It is not available on prescription. The products cost roughly £40 per week. :)

I agree with FBS. If there are no other surgerys, I wonder could you ring the surgery and ask to speak to a doctor and explain your predicament??
Maybe you could say you will be forced to change your surgery (If that is what you would do) unless they can help you.
Or see a doctor privately (don't know how much that would cost though) Or see a doctor at another surgery on a temporary basis (not sure what the rules are but when I was elsewhere in the country I went to a different doctors once).
Hope you get it sorted.

I don't want to change to another practise because I live in quite a ruralarea and it would be a bit of a jaunt to another one!
My practise, on the whole is a very good one.
I didn't actually speak to my doctor, just the receptionist who we all know can be a law onto themselves!!
My CDC is going to call for me to try and get something done.
Fingers crossed x

Hope you get it sorted out xx

Sorry to bombard your thread :)

no we dont get it on prescription, i wish! lol

the form is to confirm that the medical condition/ medication or lack there of is correct, your gp isnt signing to say they approve of the diet
some cambridge programmes are unsuitable for certain conditions/ medications so a higher plan would be used and some medications would need to be monitored while on the diet

but ultimatly getting the weight off in a safe method has got to be a good thing

If you've not spoken to the doctor directly, just make an appointment as normal, and take your form with you. That's what I did, I didn't even think to ask the receptionist about it!

no we dont get it on prescription, i wish! lol

the form is to confirm that the medical condition/ medication or lack there of is correct, your gp isnt signing to say they approve of the diet
some cambridge programmes are unsuitable for certain conditions/ medications so a higher plan would be used and some medications would need to be monitored while on the diet

but ultimatly getting the weight off in a safe method has got to be a good thing

Thank you :)

Is it an expensive diet?

x

When I went to the doctor with the form, she looked very unimpressed and made a point of saying she didn't approve of me doing that but that she would sign the form. I said thats fine I understand. Guess she was covering her back.
I didn't ask the receptionists, I just got an appointment.

I get my stuff today for the first time, and it depends on your CDC think it costs between 35-40 a week depending on how much/what you get. (I probably spend nearly that on food for myself anyway)

Hope you get sorted.

are you considering getting on board nee? i consider it all the time.... i lurk vlcd forums more often than i probably should.

if you decide to go for it, i'll give it another go too... could def do with support x

Thank you :)

Is it an expensive diet?

x

i pay 38.85 per week but thats all my food costs so im acctually saving money even thou i have a child and other half to feed and they arnt going without as such, its just scary how much i spent on takeaways, lunches grabbed from corner shops when i was out and about, evening chocolate etc

I don't want to change to another practise because I live in quite a ruralarea and it would be a bit of a jaunt to another one!
My practise, on the whole is a very good one.
I didn't actually speak to my doctor, just the receptionist who we all know can be a law onto themselves!!
My CDC is going to call for me to try and get something done.
Fingers crossed x

Oooh make an appt. I never mentioned what it was for - none of their business really! Bet she was just trying to keep appts open :rolleyes:

are you considering getting on board nee? i consider it all the time.... i lurk vlcd forums more often than i probably should.

if you decide to go for it, i'll give it another go too... could def do with support x

hey Colly, Yep Im lurking too, I just love the idea of these diets, but I find the cost for me too much :( Maybe we should look into cheaper methods and do it :)

exante is £99 a month i think xx

Any cheaper Colly...Im such a Pauper :(

i dont think so :( xx

Back