Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by NumNums, 31 December 2009.

1. NumNums

NumNums Becca

Hi all.

Just got my CD booklet in from my CDC. It says I have to contact my doctor before I can start CD regardless of BMI so that my GP can monitor if they feel the need to.

Did anyone else do this? And did you need a note or letter of confirmation about this for your CDC?
  2. mrsessex

mrsessex Well-Known Member

I only though you went doc if your BMI was over 40 ???

Have i got that wrong has it changed then?
  3. AlyB

AlyB Well-Known Member

I didnt do that, just went along to the CDC, think Mrs E is spot on...
  4. NumNums

NumNums Becca

Says at the end of the SS booklet to consult your GP. Maybe I'll phone my CDC.
  5. *Shanny*

*Shanny* Well-Known Member

yes mrs E is correct only if BMI is 40 plus.! i didnt go Doctors.x
  6. Laura Croft

Laura Croft Happily maintaining

Is it a new book or does it relate to being on meds/ underlying conditions etc?
  7. KD

KD Gone fishing

If you are on any medication, or have a BMI of 40+ you need a doctors signature

If you are going to be doing SS, your CDC will send a letter to the doctor to inform them

Virtually all diets add a message about consulting the doctor when embarking on a weight loss or exercise programme :) I don't think many people do though and you will not be prevented from doing the diet if you don't, unless the medication/BMI40+ thing applies
  8. NumNums

NumNums Becca

Okay thanks all :)
  9. NumNums

NumNums Becca

Phoned CDC, she said she doesn't think I'll need to contact my GP unless I have any problems.

So I offically start the 7th Jan :D:D:D

Right now going to take the christmas tree down cause it's in my way.
  10. Zoe.D

Zoe.D loving life

Good luck NumNums, you will be fine xx