Doctor's Consent - what if he says no?

MrsT

My doctor is not all that supportive and I have left the information pack from CAmbridge with him but he was not that keen on me doing a liquid diet. what happens if he says no?

The thing is you are not asking his permission, you are telling him you will be doing the diet and he needs to sign to say there are no contra-indications.

sonya is absolutely right. u do not need his permission to do cambridge, u r only asking that he confirm ur medical history. its not for him/her to decide. i'd be firm and make that very clear to him. he may decide to charge u tho. good luck xxx

Please do not panic Mrs T!
As I explained before, it's not the end of the road if your GP doesn't sign the MRF immediately! There are higher programmes you can start on until we get this sorted, and we can ask Head Office to intervene too! Whatever happens, I can still help you achieve your goals in one way or another! It may just mean a slight delay in using the VLCD route. We can discuss this fully when we next meet hunny. Stay positive! ;)

Hey Lainey,

thanks so much for the positive words, just in a complete panic as to why he has not signed it yet. I want to get on as soon as possible but he is so negative and basically told me I should try a more conventional route first :mad: my other doctor has moved on form the practice and he would have signed it for sure.

Back