does anyone actually weigh their takeaway??!!

xjenna90x

I had a Chinese last night and Trying to work out my syns I don't know where to start...didn weigh it as that was the last thing on my mind I was starving just wanted to get it on the plate and in my mouth! Lol looking online today to try and work out syns and they give most of syn values based on 300g portions....which seems like a lot...my boyfriend and I shared it was wondering how would you estimate the weight of say one of them Chinese see through cartons full of something e.g chow mein......all together I had a third of a carton of egg fried rice...half of carton of crispy chilly beef...half a carton of chicken curry...a third of the carton of special chow mein and a handfull of chips I've estimated 35 syns :/ anyone think me estimation is close?!?! And do you weigh your takeaway?? X

Interesting I never thought about this. I know when I was on WW I was shocked one day when my leader posted a pic on facebook on a chinese chow mein which Id always counted 7 points for and she said was more like 17 due to the portion size! Ive just eaten half a chicken madras and synned it as per the book - 11 syns. I think this was for a 300g portion (in the book) but I dont know if mine was a 300g portion! So next time I will check. Would be interested to know if anyone else has ever weighed theirs and whether they were the same portion size as in the books!

I weighed mine for the first time last night, I had beef in black bean sauce, think it was 5 syns per 360 g. It weighed almost 700g !!! Do advice is to weigh it if you can x x

yes i weighed chow mein before and it was 780g eeek best to weigh it

I know what you mean....if it looks too good to be TRUE then it probably is! That's my motto lol x

I was thinking the same thing. And to be totally honest to myself, I think I havent weighed them knowing full well they will be over the 300g. I guess I'm only cheating myself *sigh* :rolleyes:

Back