does anyone carb cycle

missjam

have heard a little bit about this and want to know if anyone does it! I dont have a lot to lose... maybe 6 pounds.. was thinking doing low carb nearly all week and then one day a week have the higher carbs and have rice/pasta bla bla! does it work?

Never heard of it, but as I'm doing Atkins I googled it to find out what it is.

Now I've read up on it I wouldn't bother, it sounds like your weight will go up and down like a yo-yo, as you will just regain all the water weight on carb days. And its very demotivating to have to lose all the gained water weight before you start to lose "proper" weight. Best just to stick to low carb, you'll lose it quicker. And do come and join us on the Atkins forum, its much busier than this one.

I do a variation of a carb cycle in that one day a week I feast on carbs and although I put on about 3lbs, i easily lose it and more over the rest of the week. My calorie deficit is very high and this "cheat" day helps me balance the books a little and prevent my body from thinking it is starving. I've also read about the "One up, one down" diet and didn't fancy it.

Sounds a little bit like the club that did/does "red" days and "green" days (was that Slimming World). Anything (healthy) that keeps you going can only be a good thing. As said you may have a bit of a gain but it can only be water.

It sounds like a good way of controlling your weight when you are within a stone of your target. I'd do it when I lose all my weight, just to maintain

Hi I have carbs 1 day a week try different days tricks your body so that it doesn't plataeu the next day just protein just don't go crazy with the carbs

Back