does anyone carb cycle

Discussion in 'Low Carb Diets' started by missjam, 12 May 2011 Social URL.

1. missjam

missjam Full Member

have heard a little bit about this and want to know if anyone does it! I dont have a lot to lose... maybe 6 pounds.. was thinking doing low carb nearly all week and then one day a week have the higher carbs and have rice/pasta bla bla! does it work?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Chookieboo

Chookieboo Full Member

Never heard of it, but as I'm doing Atkins I googled it to find out what it is.

Now I've read up on it I wouldn't bother, it sounds like your weight will go up and down like a yo-yo, as you will just regain all the water weight on carb days. And its very demotivating to have to lose all the gained water weight before you start to lose "proper" weight. Best just to stick to low carb, you'll lose it quicker. And do come and join us on the Atkins forum, its much busier than this one.

4. stevieglesga

stevieglesga Member

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st13lb
    Lost(%):
    7st1lb(28.29%)
    Diet:
    My own
    I do a variation of a carb cycle in that one day a week I feast on carbs and although I put on about 3lbs, i easily lose it and more over the rest of the week. My calorie deficit is very high and this "cheat" day helps me balance the books a little and prevent my body from thinking it is starving. I've also read about the "One up, one down" diet and didn't fancy it.

5. drasim

drasim Mayo Addict

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I probably wouldn't go week on week off, but give it a go - trial and error :)

6. Mrs B

Mrs B Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st1.7lb
    Current Weight:
    23st1.1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0.6lb(4.32%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Sounds a little bit like the club that did/does "red" days and "green" days (was that Slimming World). Anything (healthy) that keeps you going can only be a good thing. As said you may have a bit of a gain but it can only be water.

7. TRISTAR

TRISTAR Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st12lb
    Current Weight:
    19st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9.5lb(12.25%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It sounds like a good way of controlling your weight when you are within a stone of your target. I'd do it when I lose all my weight, just to maintain

8. cathymay

cathymay New Member

Hi I have carbs 1 day a week try different days tricks your body so that it doesn't plataeu the next day just protein just don't go crazy with the carbs

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.