Does anyone do "No Spend Days" (NSD)??

I'm so glad everyone is getting something out of this thread :) NS-weekend for me this weekend, am kinda looking forward to it in a weird and wonderful way lol

As of sunday im going to withdraw my weekly shopping money and keep it in an envelope so I stop just putting things on my card! Then I can buy a "big shop" on Sunday and pick up any essentials while sticking to budget! Leftovers shall go into a wee pot for a treat! I'm excluding all pre planned nights out (which Would easily use my weekly budget in one!) and hopig this will help curb things! X

xeilidhx said:
As of sunday im going to withdraw my weekly shopping money and keep it in an envelope so I stop just putting things on my card! Then I can buy a "big shop" on Sunday and pick up any essentials while sticking to budget! Leftovers shall go into a wee pot for a treat! I'm excluding all pre planned nights out (which Would easily use my weekly budget in one!) and hopig this will help curb things! X

I do a similar thing. I have a spreadsheet which details all my outgoings & when they have to be paid. I then have a formula which adds up all my income (salary, commission, expenses, plus what hubs gives me for his share of bills etc), takes away the outgoings & divides the rest by the number of weeks in the month. I then take that amount out each week to cover everything. Food, petrol, going out. That way I always stick to my budget!

Love reading all the fab tips on this thread!Now when I go to tescos I think before I buy something I dont need....thanks everyone:p

Just back from doing the weekends shopping and been very, very good......................more than I can say about hubby who threw 4 bars of chocolate in eeeeeeeek !!!! I shall shop without him in future.

My biggest extravagance was 6 red cabbage plants and 6 cauliflower plants for 3€...................... home grown veg are not just delish but such a money saver too. I will buy more in a couple of weeks to stagger the amount of veg. I get at once.

I need to go to Tesco tonight - I need bacon and milk and cereal for my daughter. I make a solemn promise that this is all I will buy. I'm taking only a tenner out with me and not my debit card!

I'm not actively trying to save really but I'm trying to not impulse buy (if that makes sense). It's not really about the money, more about unnecessary spending for me.
I'd pop in for milk and end up with a magazine in the very least!

Well yesterday I only got bread, sweetner and mustard. All necessary! Tonight I want some nice food as a treat but I've nothing out the freezer for tea so won't be any wastage!

I love this thread. Today I have not spent anything. I walked to baby club, went to the docs, went to the pharmacy and then walked home!!! No money spent! :)

Xx

Started today- £50 cash for the week! Need to plan! X

Had an NSD yesterday (Sunday) didn't go out or spend anything, in fact I earned £20 for covering a shift for someone else at the pub...

And if you needed one then nope it doesn't count :) I was planning a NSD today but i need veg and perscriptions #(altho the latter doesn't count..)

Ok need to commit to a couple of weeks of Nsd! Been poorly off work last 2 days but had to get oh to pick up a birthday card for eldest charge.
In addition to weekly food shopping all I need to spend this week is a lemon and some soda to go with martini (not wine!)
2 birthday cards for Sunday, and pay for some liquid soap that I ordered from Avon (we use it daily, not an extra luxury)
That's it! Next week is half term so will be out and about with the boys, but will not spend extra money, in fact will only take the work purse to stop me frittering my change away!

Actually although i did spend on Wednesday it was necessaries so quite good.

NSD Thursday.

Back