does anyone else do this?

rachelh

is loving the soup?!
Since I started this diet I have become obsessed with cooking...for other people!
I've been making amazing gourmet meals...now today I've baked 4 kinds of cakes for the charity sale at hubby's work tomorrow.
I know perfectly well I'd have had no interest in this if I wasn't on LT!
Anyone else or am I going loopy?

Hi there,

I'm on CD but exactly the same- my hubbie loves it as he gets homemade casseroles/roasts the lot! Its almost like because I'm not eating I want to spoil him more??? Or him to eat the comfort foods I want?

it is a bit crazy I guess... but as long as I'm not eating it, its ok with me!

Yes! I don't know why but when i was properly into CD, I used to bake cakes, biscuits and bread regularly. Decorate and ice them and love it when my family enjoyed them.
Oddly enough, I never used to do it before and never had time when I was eating..... (perhaps that says it all really!!!!) :rolleyes:

Mikki xx

see I've no desire to eat them, haven't had since day 1. Don't know why.

Mikki ROFL...all the hours you could bake, you were sitting eating biscuits if you're anything like me!

lol im a typical bloke and have never cooked for anyone before but since starting on l/t im obsessed too. ive been making all sorts of fabulous meals for my whole family.....mad eh?

my hubby loves to cook. He hated it when I was dieting properly and used to taunt me with temptations. When i was injured, he loved to console me with chocolates and cake - how weird is that???
Now i am mentally preparing to get back to it and about to embark upon CD once again, he is noticably not impressed.

Perhaps my delia smith persona will return once more!

Last edited:
OMG, if i had to cook for anyone i would dieeeeeee.... and i used to be a chef lol.

My will power wouldnt last 2 mins, my friend came over on friday night and ordered himself a massive pizza, then sat next to me and ate it all!!! .... it was the worst moment of my life lol.. but i stayed strong, and havent had anything past my lips for the 4 days i have been on the CD....

OMG why didn't you hit him lol!

Great thread lol! Yeah I'm cooking mad as well, me and my daughter are on diet and my hubby is really slim, but reckons by the time I finish the diet he will need to go on it lol!!:)
I'm doing such quantities I'm freezing him meals for in the week as well! will need a bigger freezer soon.
Weird isnt it?
Cheers Tiz x:)

it's weird - i usually do anything i can to get out of cooking but i have been cooking for my OH without any problem at all - i have lamb shanks in the oven and will be doing a roast dinner for him - bizarre! He's never eaten so well lol

OMG why didn't you hit him lol!

i felt like it after he also devoured a tube of pringles and a 200g bar of cadburys crunchie bar after the pizza lol... greedy sod .... :D

just think of him clogging up his arteries - bleugh! lol

dont know about enjoying the cooking but I'm certainly more efficient with it. I've been makin the kids some lovely but more importantly -really nutritious dinners -whereas before when it was MY appetite that dictated what we had for dinner we lived on take away and junk!

My children became more interested in baking last year so we have been doing more of it and I've bought several cook books while on LT. The girls and I made Brownies yesterday, OMG they smelt good, but I just cut them into squares and the 3 children and OH tucked into them (I did ration them! Otherwise they will all have to diet too!!!)

x

OMG i cannot believe he ate that in front of you! I would have cried.

When I did CD last year, my OH started 2 weeks after me (and reached goal before me despite having the same amount to lose...sod) and for his last meal he had TWO CHINESE MEALS right in front of me.

Luckily they were ones I dont particularly like but the funny thing was, I didnt want to eat it but I missed having solid food in my mouth.

So I picked up one of his chips and put it in my mouth for a minute and spat it out!

OMG i cannot believe he ate that in front of you! I would have cried.

When I did CD last year, my OH started 2 weeks after me (and reached goal before me despite having the same amount to lose...sod) and for his last meal he had TWO CHINESE MEALS right in front of me.

Luckily they were ones I dont particularly like but the funny thing was, I didnt want to eat it but I missed having solid food in my mouth.

So I picked up one of his chips and put it in my mouth for a minute and spat it out!

men eh.... well just some of them! lol... i would be annoyed too if someone reached the goal before me.... but i guess some ppl just loose it quicker!

good luck with the weight loss. x

Back