Does anyone else encounter SW 'experts'?

I was talking about this in another thread earlier but it's my diet coke addiction people always feel they can comment on. That stuff's so bad for you and won't help you shift the weight. It's free. It has 0.4cals per 100ml...JOG ON!

I have a serious addiction to pepsi max and have people saying this stuff to me all the time... I understand where they're coming from and why it's "bad" for me/my diet as the aspartame is meant to increase appetite and make us eat more but I hate people spouting this at me as if I'm not intelligent enough to know already for myself.

Sure it might make me hungry but I have more than enough free food and superfree snack choices to nibble on! And most of them you later spot drinking coke or "fruit" drinks full of chemicals themselves!

I have the same thing. A colleague on the desk next to me at work said the other day "you eat far too much fruit, it's no good it's full of sugar"

"Really? Well I'm a lb off having lost 2 stone. I'll carry on taking my chances"

I wouldn't mind but she joined SW just after I did but only did it for about 4 weeks.

Today I have had a conversation with a girl at work who is also doing SW. I have done it for a while and she is just starting. When another gilr piped up that we're been taken for a ride by people that are exploting us to make a quick buck and all we have to do is cut our portions in half and then we won;t be fat anymore!

She is very slim and eats chocolate / cakes and bisciuts all the time. I said that's what all slim people say but for some of us its not that easy, if it was there would be no fat people in the world and SW wouldn't be needed!

Today I have had a conversation with a girl at work who is also doing SW. I have done it for a while and she is just starting. When another gilr piped up that we're been taken for a ride by people that are exploting us to make a quick buck and all we have to do is cut our portions in half and then we won;t be fat anymore!

She is very slim and eats chocolate / cakes and bisciuts all the time. I said that's what all slim people say but for some of us its not that easy, if it was there would be no fat people in the world and SW wouldn't be needed!

I hate skinny people like that, I used to know someone who was stick thin but ate loads of chocolate and used to have a large domino's pizza to her sell at least once a week, McDonalds, KFC...in fact I don't think she ever cooked herself, but she was actually really offensive to fat people and would say ''well they just need to stop eating how they do'' its like well no by rights you should be fat and if you got fat theres no way you'd be able to just change your diet and suddenly start eating healthy. I couldn't understand how she could judge people for eating the same as her just because they aren't as lucky as her to be able to get away with it. I'd understand if she was really strict and followed a healthy diet herself

Do you reckon that sometimes it's jealousy on their part? They can see us working to change our lives but they can't be bothered to do it themselves so they find a way to try and bring us down? a*holes!

it's exactly this :mad:

On a slightly different note, recently I have had the comment that although I look good having lost weight (this comment makes me growl anyway) but "don't lose any more". I just think its cheeky. Er yes, i will lose another 11lbs thank you as that's the target I have chosen! Jealousy is often the motivation I think as I have had it from slim people (don't become slimmer than me, that's not your place) and not so slim people (I don't like it that you've done it and I'd like to but can't/won't).

On a slightly different note, recently I have had the comment that although I look good having lost weight (this comment makes me growl anyway) but "don't lose any more". I just think its cheeky. Er yes, i will lose another 11lbs thank you as that's the target I have chosen! Jealousy is often the motivation I think as I have had it from slim people (don't become slimmer than me, that's not your place) and not so slim people (I don't like it that you've done it and I'd like to but can't/won't).

People keep saying that to me too, I don't care what the motivation is for saying it..stop! I want to lose more, I will STILL be well in to the healthy bmi range. I don't comment on your weight or choices so don't tell me what to do.
I'm pretty sure I get angrier about this than I should lol it's just so frustrating cause people (those who you know mean well) don't know how you feel about yourself. Yes it's great that they think you look ok but when you're not happy with yourself it's not nice.

Jenna88 said:
People keep saying that to me too, I don't care what the motivation is for saying it..stop! I want to lose more, I will STILL be well in to the healthy bmi range. I don't comment on your weight or choices so don't tell me what to do.
I'm pretty sure I get angrier about this than I should lol it's just so frustrating cause people (those who you know mean well) don't know how you feel about yourself. Yes it's great that they think you look ok but when you're not happy with yourself it's not nice.

Glad it's not just me being grumpy!

Hmmm, ive had 'dont go back to what you were, will you?' ...erm, you mean when i was thin and happy? Ha! X

I have a serious addiction to pepsi max and have people saying this stuff to me all the time... I understand where they're coming from and why it's "bad" for me/my diet as the aspartame is meant to increase appetite and make us eat more but I hate people spouting this at me as if I'm not intelligent enough to know already for myself.

Sure it might make me hungry but I have more than enough free food and superfree snack choices to nibble on! And most of them you later spot drinking coke or "fruit" drinks full of chemicals themselves!

Argh I hate that!! A woman at my work said that to me before 'oh I thought diet coke was really bad for you' well I've lost 3 stone love it hasn't harmed me ....

And when we were on about mirangues at work the same woman was all ' no, they're bad for you and are really fattening' when I said there wasn't actually that many calories in them. I proved her wrong of course with nutrition info on a packet lol

And I hate the old gem 'oh one bit won't hurt you' from family. Yes it will I don't want that I'm saving my syns for something I actually want!!!

I had the thing about not loosing anymore when I hit my first target and changed it, then I had it for months after I hit my second target, I kept telling people I wasn't loosing anymore but they thought I was.... didn't help that it then became summer so people were comparing me wearing my winter clothes to summer clothes saying I had lost weight when I knew for a fact I hadn't. Eventually I just learnt to ignore them... except for my mum, I learnt she weighed less then me and was worrying about putting on so I had a massive go at her (also she had a lot of people going on at her about not loosing weight which really upset her so I think she realised how horrible it is when people are going on) but they've all stopped with me now

My transformation in such a short period of time is so utterly striking that no one doubts it works. It would be a brave soul who gave diet advice to someone who has lot almost seven stone in seven month.
I do get the "you must have lost enough now", and any references to being ill, are of course, entirely because of the diet.

To be honest I think i could put the losses down to anything and people would believe it.

Last edited:
I have family members who say to me "well you dont have to still do it now do you, you have been at target for nearly 12 months"!!! Some people just dont get the fact that this is me, S W is the way I like to eat now. Yes I do have treats (syned), I do go out for meals (flexi syns) I do sometimes have a day off plan, BUT I lost 2.5 stone on S W and it is a way of life. I say to them when they say, just eat healthily, that I do, but in a controlled way and it works for me.No way am I ever going back to large portions,silly amount of cake and crisps, and copious take aways! Hmm rant over ha ha! :) :)

What gets me is that other people - and I don't care who they are, family, friends, whoever - seem to think they have the right to tell me what to do. I don't go round telling people what to do - I wouldn't dream of it - unless I am specifically asked for advice, then I might.

Back