Does anyone else find SF makes them constipated?

Discussion in 'SlimFast' started by Gerry, 11 November 2008 Social URL.

1. Gerry

Gerry Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(9.7%)
    Diet:
    TLC/LCD (was on SWL)
    I've been on SF for about a month now, and I'm finding it is making me really constipated. I'm struggling to 'go' every day and feeling really uncomfortable. My surgeon (I'm down to have a gastric bypass) has given me Xenical which are known to cause dioreah but they don't have any effect. I feel like I'm trying to give birth every time I try to 'go'. Anyone got any tips or had the same problem?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MummyEm

MummyEm Slowly but surely!

Start Weight:
    17st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0.5lb(5.95%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Im having this problem too, as well as others, I was just hoping it was my body getting used to the changes but if you still have it after a month maybe its not.

4. body_mass_index

body_mass_index Member

Diet:
    Slim Fast
    Opposite problem for me if I have two shakes in a day. Anyone else have that?

5. Gerry

Gerry Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(9.7%)
    Diet:
    TLC/LCD (was on SWL)
    I took a Xenical with my second shake yesterday. It kind of 'got things moving' a bit. Hubby said there is some medication that helps relieve constipation without causing dioreah.....anyone know what it may be called ?

I'm trying to eat a bit more fruit between shakes. See if that helps, although my fluid intake is not good, so perhaps more fluid may help, even if it does make me pee like a racehorse :giggle:

6. body_mass_index

body_mass_index Member

Diet:
    Slim Fast
    Gerry, before I started having a bit of a reaction, I was having some bean-based tinned soup, and that could help. Was amazed at how substantial they were and yet few calories. Also have been eating a couple of pieces of fruit most days, as you mentioned.

Hope you sort it out.

7. missal

missal Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Would you mind telling me what soups you have body mass index?
    Would be great to have a low cal soup for those really hungry moments!

8. nexangelus

nexangelus Carpe diem, baby!

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(15.58%)
    Diet:
    Clean eating (no processed food)
    fibreclear, fybogel, senokot fibre sachets, fibre sure or plain old psyllium husks from Holland and Barrett and the like...

9. body_mass_index

body_mass_index Member

Diet:
    Slim Fast
    Hello, Missal. My local supermarket is a Sainsbury's and I've tried a couple of their soups. One was in a pouch, in their Taste the Difference Range. It was chorizo and bean, and only 164 for the serving (I had it with a bread roll, brown bread for dinner). The other was in a tin and was something like bacon and three bean soup.

Both were delicious, and I think that the Taste the Difference one even counted towards TWO portions of vegetables. However, I've not been able to find it again, must be too popular.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.