Extra Easy Days Does anyone else find that EE just doesn't work for them???

Lilyb

After a completely unjustified 1lb gain on the scales yesterday :cry: I have come to the conclusion that EE just doesn't work for me :( I have had a good look over my food diary which I've kept religiously since the beginning of March and there is no doubt, on the weeks where I have more than 3 EE days I don't loose very much - this week I had 5 EE days and low and behold, 1lb on. I'm religious with the 1/3 superfree rule but it just doesn't seem to be enough. I'm so jealous of everyone in our group that seems to be able to loose huge amounts of weight on EE as it's so much easier but I think that in the future I am going to have to stick to mostly red/green days if I want to keep loosing.

Is anyone else in the same boat as me? Honestly, I wanted to cry on the scales last night, I went in to class expecting to come home with my 1.5 stone award (only had 0.5lbs to go!) and ended up 1lb further away :cry::cry::cry:

I felt like that last night also. I had a very good week, just one day flexible syns but that was just booze not food, and rest of week really good. I do mainly extra easy and I am now wondering?? I put on 1.5lbs and was completely gutted. I did not stay for group, because I could not face it and they are often not that helpful, plus you know people don't believe that you have actually stuck to it. I try really hard and it is dis heartening when you see people loosing then staying 'had this takeaway..meal out...etc' So we both need to get on with it today. Let me know how you are getting on.
I have brought some strawberries and melon, and I am trying some different things for lunch.
Good luck x

Hi Lily,

I feel the same, but I'm not sure if I eat enough superfree, but I eat loads of fruit... so I don't know.

The one week I did do a couple of green days I lost 3.5 lbs which was great, might have to do that more often.

I agree its gutting when you're so close to a target but can't seem to reach it, I had my club 10 then lost it next week, and am struggling to get to 1.5 stone.

Keep going hun, we'll get there, we just all have to find different paths, I think everyone focusses too much on EE and forgets about the red/green days.

Good luck and lets get that 1 and a half stone award :)

I find it tough trying to have 1/3 superfree foods with every meal. I am doing Red Days now and find it much easier I also like having 2 HE A's and 2 HE B's. Why don't you play around with it this week, have 1-2 EE's and some Red Days and some Green Days and see how your losses are next week, you won't know until you try!!

After a completely unjustified 1lb gain on the scales yesterday :cry: I have come to the conclusion that EE just doesn't work for me :( I have had a good look over my food diary which I've kept religiously since the beginning of March and there is no doubt, on the weeks where I have more than 3 EE days I don't loose very much - this week I had 5 EE days and low and behold, 1lb on. I'm religious with the 1/3 superfree rule but it just doesn't seem to be enough. I'm so jealous of everyone in our group that seems to be able to loose huge amounts of weight on EE as it's so much easier but I think that in the future I am going to have to stick to mostly red/green days if I want to keep loosing.

Is anyone else in the same boat as me? Honestly, I wanted to cry on the scales last night, I went in to class expecting to come home with my 1.5 stone award (only had 0.5lbs to go!) and ended up 1lb further away :cry::cry::cry:
Know just how you feel, I too am half a pound away from my 1.5 stone award. 2 weeks ago, only lost 0.5lb, last week STS. Will be very upset if I dont get it tomorrow. I was doing red and green, c put me on ee this week so we shall see. I understand exactly how you feel and too am jealous of the great losses others are having, and still drinking wine etc, while I was 100% on plan. So not fair, but stick with it, you will get there. Thats what I am telling myself anyway! Good luck

EE doesnt work for me. Find it REALLY hard to get the 1/3 SF foods in there so find I tent to maintain when doing the EE plan, which is a shame is it seems really good!

Well something has defo worked for you if yr at target, well done. How do you find maintaining? Is it hard?

Red and green days got me to target. Maintaning is hard, i put on 3lb so need to lose that to get back to my actual target weight again x

Hi there I'm the same, I do still have EE days occasionally (e.g. if i'm eating out) but try not to have more than 1-2 per week or I just don't lose.

I think the problem for me is not so much that it just doesn't work but that it encourages me to overeat.

What I mean is, If I was doing a red day I would have scrambled eggs and smoked salmon on toast for breakfast which is the perfect meal for me, whereas if I was doing EE I would have to add 1/3 superfree which just means I am eating extra food which I neither want or need.

Like I say I tend to stick to red and green but just throw the odd EE day in if it fits my plans better.

I don't doubt EE works for most people and I probably will move over to it once at target but for now I like the losses that I get on green and red.

I had the same problem with ee!! I lost loads in first 4 weeks then seemed to maintain for the next 4!! I know mix it up a bit more and find it focuses me more and it us coming of again got my 1 1/2 shiney and only 1lb to club 10! Still up and down some times but normaly only up or STS when ee days are involved hence this week I think I will be sts again :-(

Very interesting all this! S W are actively encouraging ee and rarely mention red and green. Still prefer these, although keeping off the green really, as if I have rice (which I love) would just keep on eating it, oink oink!I am only 1/2 lb off my l.5 shiny, so fingers crossed for tomorrow. Being so near to this for nearly a month. Will possibly go back to red plan next week,but everyone in my group is doing ee with fantastic results, even people who have been going years are still losing about 2lbs a week! We are all so different arent we?

I prefer Red days - but have EE days 2 or 3 out of the week - especially at weekends if i am eating out i find it easier on EE to be less 'difficult'. But if i have less EE i get better losses.

I always wondered if EE was invented by SW to ensure members lost at a slower pace, so they kept getting the money each week for a member attending, and the member was happy cos the plan was so wide on the choice of foods. But thats just my thoughts.........i am sure it works at exactly the same speed for Red, Green and EE! Everyone is different and loses at different speeds - depends on gender, age, previous diet plans, previous weight losses, height, level of exercise and so on and so on!

EE bloats me, so i do not do it every day. Red is my winning way of losing!

x

Oh no! I just started on Wednesday and was told to stick to EE for the first month and then decide if I wanted to switch about. I have just been a robot and done that and not even looked at what red and green entails!

Oh no! I just started on Wednesday and was told to stick to EE for the first month and then decide if I wanted to switch about. I have just been a robot and done that and not even looked at what red and green entails!

I was told the same when I started and i've just stuck with EE. I've been thinking of switching to red or green this week though but reading through the book i'm very confused. It wasn't explained to us at group at all :sigh:

I'm the same kezabel. Will see how this first week goes and if don't really lose I may try to figure out the green and red days from the help of this forum.
Really would think SW would have something like this on their website!

I have done ee this week but am normally a red girl with a few green now and then. I used to do S W years ago when the only plans were red and green. It takes a little whilel to get yr head round it, but once you have its really quite easy. If yr c has told you to give ee a go for a month then perhaps that is what you should try to do, but if you are really struggling, bob on here and you will be given loads of support and info from everyone. There is always someone on here to help you. Good luck!

Thanks. Just trying to get head round it after being weight watchers girl before! Yes I did go and put on the two stone I lost there over the past two years so back to square one and some :(

Back