Extra Easy Days Does anyone else find that EE just doesn't work for them???

I think EE is great if you havent done SW before. I find it difficult making sure I have 1/3 superfree at every meal & I miss my 2nd HE A & B....... I do like EE for the family meals, chilli & rice, cottage pie etc as Im not a huge quorn mince fan.

I am doing an extra easy week, I dont usually use all my Hex on red and green so i thought lets see.. the last two weeks doing red and green i have lost half a stone... i feel really horrible this week doing EE all week and i weighed myself before my WI tomorrow and it said only 1lb off which ive upped my exersize and everything so it should of been better then last week (where i lost 3lb)

I will be back to red and green

I have religiously had my 1/3 super free (usually more like half or more)

There's no reason why EE should not work - it seems that it does not work for many of the people on this thread because they do not follow it properly, either not getting in enough superfree or having too much free food or a combination of the two. EE is basically just healthy eating and I think we are in danger of frightening newbies off the plan when it is is actually a great way to lose weight and most resembles what we would call 'normal' eating.

I lost the first week on EE and then my weight loss just stopped (I admit I don't think I was following it properly!)! I swapped to Red things got moving again. I pretty much plan to stay on red now.

These are my daily morning weights (all weight in my sig and stats are class weights):

RedvsEE.png

I think the thing is EE wont work for everyone, no diet plan suits everyone...

The fact my weights been crap this week I will go back to what suited me, but I will when i hit target go onto EE...

unfortunatly i know ive done the plan right and technically i i loose anything then its worked but its just not as effective for me as the origanal plan

yep, all true. I think it is good to start on EE though, it makes it really simple to only follow one set of rules and then if its not working you have the bones of the plan to change to green/red and see how that suits.

So to the newbies don't think you're being given duff info by your c by starting on EE, just think of it as easing you gently into the eating plan :)

It only works for me if I am REALLY strict about have 1/3 superfree (at least!). I find it hardest at breakfast time, but you have to remember that even if you just have Alpen Lights for breakfast you still need to have 1/3 superfree because it counts as a meal. If I've had a few weeks STS or small losses I like to fit in a couple of days of Success Express to kickstart these.

Was struggling to get that elusive 1.5 shiny.... had 0.5lb to go... had a week on red and the next class I got my 2 stone sticker....think I have found my plan xx

Thank you everyone for your replies, been offline for a few days! I picked myself back up, dusted myself off and this week I have only had one EE day, the rest have been red and green so we will see what my theory is made of in an hour when I WI!

To those just starting out, please don't worry, EE is a great plan and you should loose. To be fair, I lost 4lbs in the first 2 weeks on it, it was only after that there was a problem. Ask your consultant to explain red and green to you as well so that you can experiment with the plans, it's nice to have a choice.

There's no reason why EE should not work - it seems that it does not work for many of the people on this thread because they do not follow it properly, either not getting in enough superfree or having too much free food or a combination of the two. EE is basically just healthy eating and I think we are in danger of frightening newbies off the plan when it is is actually a great way to lose weight and most resembles what we would call 'normal' eating.

The aim of this post was not to frighten newbies at all, EE is fantastic and works for a lot of people. BUT, it doesn't work for everyone and I don't think it's to say that the only reason it doesn't work is that people don't follow it right. I follow the 1/3 rule RELIGIOUSLY, even going as far as having half superfree at each meal and it still doesn't work for me very well.

But as I say, I'll know later what my theory is made of!

Oh dear my first weigh in tomorrow and decided to weigh myself tonight at same time would be tomorrow and have sts! Not had any bread, fizzy juice, vino and had one bit of choc. Followed plan to a t and used food diary which when i look at doesnt look that much, esp comapred to my usual snackathons. Feeling a bit annoyed at my body clinging onto this fat!

Oh dear my first weigh in tomorrow and decided to weigh myself tonight at same time would be tomorrow and have sts! Not had any bread, fizzy juice, vino and had one bit of choc. Followed plan to a t and used food diary which when i look at doesnt look that much, esp comapred to my usual snackathons. Feeling a bit annoyed at my body clinging onto this fat!

Are you WI at a club hun? The scales there may show a difference.

If you have stuck to EE all week I'm sure you will have lost weight ... good luck for tomorrow!

(Try not to be a sneeky peaker ;))

Yes am at club tomorrow evening. Hoping its my old school scales that are dodgy! Even if havent lost have a six week pass so will stick with it.

I'm following ee and have wondered as I've had some great losses ( 1 week 6lb another week 5lb) but in between lots of sts and 1/2 lb losses. Last week I made a conscious effort to drink at least 2 litres of water a day and I lost 3lb at wi ? Different things work for different people.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have thought about this a lot since starting SW as I have found my losses slow, I know in time they slow down but I would have thought I could have lost the first stone quicker as I stick to the plan! TBH I thought about doing red/green days but needed the time on EE to get my head round it all really, I find the red/green defo need more thought and planning than EE, but so far this week have had 2 green days with another one planned for tomorrow so we'll see! Maybe we can start keeping note on here what we lost each week and how many days of each plan we did in that week?

good idea.

the thing I find with green is that there's little to pick out of the fridge for a quick snack - like on red or EE you can have ham or crabsticks etc. This is a good thing for me because I feel like I graze non stop on EE.

I'm going green this week!! To help with those snack moments i have made quiche cut in to portions in the fridge, I'm going to make veggie scotch eggs as well as these can both be lunch box foods as well! I'm going to whizz up a tub of hummous and cut up some veggie sticks, chop up the melon and pineapple!! Anyone else any ideas I hav to get lots of prep done today as it's my only day of as I'm back to a ten day 12 hours a day straight shift :-(!! The urge to eat chocolate gets really high at about day 6!!

I'm going green this week!! To help with those snack moments i have made quiche cut in to portions in the fridge, I'm going to make veggie scotch eggs as well as these can both be lunch box foods as well! I'm going to whizz up a tub of hummous and cut up some veggie sticks, chop up the melon and pineapple!! Anyone else any ideas I hav to get lots of prep done today as it's my only day of as I'm back to a ten day 12 hours a day straight shift :-(!! The urge to eat chocolate gets really high at about day 6!!

Mmm must look up the Quiche & Scotch egg recipes they both sound lovely!

Gemini76 said:
Mmm must look up the Quiche & Scotch egg recipes they both sound lovely!

Both very easy!!
Quiche I do the one with pasta in it!!
1 packet of pasta n sauce make up with water
Chop up lots of veggies( anything u like I do courgette pepper brocolli mushrooms etc!)
1 tub of cottage cheese fat free
6 eggs

Put pasta in pan with water to cook chuck in the chopped veggies as you go!!

Mix cottage cheese and eggs together and season!
Put in to a dish ( I use al large rectangle as easy to portion!) the pasta mix
Then put on the cottage cheese mix mic together so even and pop in oven about 180 untill set!

Just play with it untill u like it if on ee or red chuck som bacon etc in it and it's yum some people don't do pasta and line the dish with sliced ham as a base! Also u can top with grated cheese just work out the syns per portion I don't as I like it being free!!

Scotch eggs!!what I do!!
Boil 6 eggs
De skin 8 sausges meat or quarn! Mix with 1 raw egg and seasoning I also put in some spring onion and blitz all in the processor
Blitz/ bash 5 scan bran to crumbs

Peel eggs!!
Portion "meat" into 6 balls
Form each ball around an egg
Roll each ball in crumbs
Place on baking tray and spray with frylight!
Pop in oven about 180 for 35 minutes!

Next time I'm going to try making some with bits of bacon in the meat and maybe some spicy ones as well!!

This thread is really interesting!! I first joined Slimming World about 5 years ago when there was no EE and lost 2 and a half stone in about 5 months. I rejoined October last year and lost a stone and half up to Christmas on EE, every since Christmas I have really really struggled. I think I eat too much on EE - having read all this I might actually give Red days a try. :)
xxx

Back