Extra Easy Days Does anyone else find that EE just doesn't work for them???

Are you WI at a club hun? The scales there may show a difference.

If you have stuck to EE all week I'm sure you will have lost weight ... good luck for tomorrow!

(Try not to be a sneeky peaker ;))

Its official my scales are rubbish, lost 3.5 pounds!

Icklekimmy well done!!!

Can someone familiar with red days check what I ate today as I never did red before and want to check I got it right, as sometimes you can't see the obvious yourself!!!
Red Day

Breakfast:
Fruit salad: melon, strawberries, apple, grapes & pineapple
Hifi bar (HEB 1)

Snack:
Yogurt
Diet coke

Lunch:
Salad with two boiled eggs
Hifi bar (HEB 2)

Dinner:
SW Chips with fry light
Roast Veg: Courgette, onion, peppers, carrot
Parmesan crust chicken (July SW mag p52):
Chicken (free Red/EE)
Parmesan 28g (HEA 2)
Paprika, egg white

Snacks:
Fruit Salad as above
Kit Kat Orange (5.5 syns)

would you not syn your chips? sorry haven't got my book with me to check....

I'm trying to get the courage up to try a red day, find green easy but don't know have a mental block with red.

I lost 3 pounds this week byb adding 2 green days and eating 5 scan bran a day, well happy with that!

Kerry
That's great, given me hope as today I decided to have a green day - and it's been lovely. I've also used less sins, always use them all on EE. But didn't feel the need today :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

kerryathome said:
would you not syn your chips? sorry haven't got my book with me to check....

I'm trying to get the courage up to try a red day, find green easy but don't know have a mental block with red.

I lost 3 pounds this week byb adding 2 green days and eating 5 scan bran a day, well happy with that!

Yep just in bed looking up my book and I should have syned my potatoes or in turn syn the chicken and be a green day.... OOOOPS that's why I needed it checking, don't want to be all delighted with myself to find out am doing it completely wrong! Thanks

Thanks for kind words everyone. Had not used syns today so having celebratory rose, just one glass instead of a bottle!

good for you, I'm on nightshift so no wine for me, will wait til sat then :party0016:

My faves rose and pear cider have way too many syns. Not a fan of vodka so just laying off the booze! Enjoy your vino at weekend!

It's a facinating thread - I do mostly red days as I find I lose easier on them but I think that's far more to do with the fact that I overeat if I'm allowed free reign over carbs - I've not yet worked out how to limit myself to stopping when I'm full and I'm FAR more prone to mooching round the kitchen looking for a "little something" on either green or EE.

I wonder if other people who lose better on red are also carby junkies (or ex-carby junkies ;)) and I really wonder how it would go if I made a real focus on not eating processed carbs in a green/EE week - so no pasta, only brown rice, lots of beans, potatoes only with their skins, that kind of thing. I might have an experimental day or two and see how it goes.

I CAN still lose well on EE - but I tend to have to be very very focussed on eating my 1/3 (by making it 2/3s!) and ensuring there're lots of veggies in there, not just fruit.

I've never done a full week on Green - I tend to plan to have the odd one or two in a week if I know I'm going to be having a mooching around the kitchen kind of a day anyway or if I wake up feeling like it's going to be a hungry kind of a day - because I end up feeling quite sluggish as a result and I may as well only have them when I'd be having that kind of a day anyway.

I know a lot of people choose EE for eating out days, because it's easier, but I've actually found red days easier to eat out on (chicken salad, steak and salad (ask them to swap the chips!), smoked salmon omlette (ask them to hold the butter)) and end up being in control and feeling satisfied.

You can still have sw chips on a red day, but you need to weigh the potatoes and leave the skin on so you can have it as your hex B. I just love steak, jacket wedges, mushrooms, onions and tomatoes.

I also am of the era when sw was green and red days and due to the fact that I have PCOS and diabetes, red days have always worked for me. I occassionaly throw in the odd green day to relieve my carb cravings, but then feel very bloated and sluggish, but thats just me, vegetarians only ever do green days and they have had great losses, so everyone is different. Experimenting is the only sure way to find out what works best for you.

Back