Does anyone else find

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by ladykeltik, 4 December 2006 Social URL.

1. ladykeltik

ladykeltik Full Member

that after they exercise they crave carbs alot? Ive started jogging, and I find about 2 hours or so after Ive worked out, that I really crave carbs, is this normal??????

Leighann

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Kate

Kate CDC/PT/PITA

Hi Leighann, that's because your body needs carbs to replenish your glycogen stores! It's just telling you what it needs :)

Mini likes this.
  4. i'lldoit

i'lldoit Banned

Yes the next day after I do areobics Im hungry...........VERY
    I do them Tues and Thurs so Im hungry from weds to satd :eek: BUT the exercise makes me feel fab
    XXC

5. magickmel

magickmel Loves VLCD's !

Diet:
    Lighter Life and now CD
    Yes it happens to me ! I am not actually hungry I don't think but do crave them. My LLC said its because normally we would draw on the glycogen supply in the liver and there isn't any ! I just keep on drinking the water !:D

6. BurtBird

BurtBird Gonna be a 10!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Yup!

I do!
    I've just started jogging myself and only done it a couple of times but every time I've come home and the toaster has been calling to me to toast some yummy granary bread and smother in peanut butter lol!!!
    x

7. PrincessBex

PrincessBex Regular Member

Ooooh, im starting at a gym tonight (i must be mad!!) hoping i dont wana pig out after, will undo good work!!

8. ladykeltik

ladykeltik Full Member

Thanks guys. I thought I must be going a little crazy, so should I eat the carbs my body is craving, or should I not? I am on the 1500 CD plan and will be moving to normal low GI eating next Thursday. I am wondering if I would be doing my body harm by not having the carbs it wants, as long as I make sure they are low GI carbs that I am feeding it. Does this all make sense!!!!

Thanks

Leighann

9. Kate

Kate CDC/PT/PITA

Hi Leighann

You would only really need high GI carbs if you were doing two high intensity workouts within 8 hours of each other, and even then you wouldn't need much of them. It's recommended that you have a small portion of protein and carbs as soon as possible after your workout, but this could be a low GI cereal bar, a piece of fruit and a bite of cheese - it's totally possible to pick something that fits with your plan, whether it's the 1500 cal or a low GI plan.

10. Happygolucky

Happygolucky Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    This is really interesting as I've just started going to the Gym last week 3 times and once so far this week but everyday I'm feeling very empty/hungry and it's driving me demented as I've never felt like this before on CD and I broke down last night (didn't cheat) but had a big cry and think that I'm gonna start an AAM week and maybe move up to 790 plan as I don't want to get to the point where I have a big cheat, and don't want to stop exercising as this is a good habbit I want to start getting into.

11. Dom1979

Dom1979 Gold Member

I experienced this when i was training for my ride, i would get in from a long ride (more than 2 hours) and just be soooooooooo hungry! I found the trick is to eat something low-mod GI that fits in with your plan, of a normal 'snack size' (eg ONE piece of toast), have a big drink of water (at least a pint) then go do something else, and only have something else if you are still hungry 30 mins later! Don't eat a mountain of pasta, thinking 'I need it' cos that is just the old Chatterbox playing tricks on you! I have to tell myself 'being a bit hungry is ok, it's not going to hurt you', cos otherwise i get v v panicky!

I still do long rides, exercise dvds, Pilates and kickboxing, and occasionally run (but i don't like it, i'm trying to learn to like it!). When I was SS, all I did was Pilates and walking, and just doing this helped me get into the exercise habit, which i've definitely got now - I got back from a 400+km charity bike ride in India 3 weeks ago! Pilates is great, it really changes your body shape and gives you a flatter tum. I could NEVER have done as much as I do now when I was SS!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.