Does anyone else get food guilt?

Llamasoks

Gold Member
Now don't get me wrong, I know many of us feel guilty if we have a night off, or slip up and have a pudding we weren't planning to. But I'm thinking about feeling guilty for food that isn't actually bad?!

I've had a mad craving for hunters chicken all day. Chicken breast, free, healthy. Bacon no fat, free, healthy. Cheese, HEA, BBQ sauce, free! SW chips, free! Veggies, free and oh so healthy.

Why do I feel so much guilt for wanting this? My guess is because it's a food I associate with being unhealthy, a pub lunch choice that's usually full of calories and sugar. But this version isn't bad at all, I even roast veg with it rather than just having the usual peas like you would when out and about.

Last Night, I had rice, satay sauce with veg and chicken (fully within my syns, calories etc) but I felt horribly guilty, like somehow it wasn't healthy enough!

Does anybody else get this? :confused:

I know what you mean. Sometimes I feel guilty if I have "too many carbs" in one day - i.e. pasta for lunch and potatoes for tea. I have to remind myself that I'm following SW and that if it's free, it's free! Sometimes we can really overthink things x

I know what you mean. Sometimes I feel guilty if I have "too many carbs" in one day - i.e. pasta for lunch and potatoes for tea. I have to remind myself that I'm following SW and that if it's free, it's free! Sometimes we can really overthink things x

I'm a sucker for thinking I've had too many carbs, I do a weekly food plan and can't have a rice dinner the day after a pasta dish, they have to be spread out! I don't think it helps that a lot of us have tried different diets, it's hard to get out the mindset of one to try another!
X

Back