Does anyone else get really nervous

x_kerry_x

on Weigh in day..... mine is at 5.15 and im starting to poop myself! I dont know why, ive stuck to the diet so there is no actual reason as to why i should put weight on however im soo scared. I think its because i dont like to be embarrassed infront of anyone. I know everyone there is there for the same reason but i cant help it.
THe other day, i noticed the lady in front of me being weighed in put on 11lb and she looked really confused as to why. I just wanted to cry for her, i shouldnt of been listening but i couldnt help it.

Please say im not alone! :p:p:p:p

I get nervous because I know I stick to the plan 100 % but have had some weeks where this hasn't shown on the scales...l I then spend all evening trying to justify why I haven't lost.

I get weighed on a Tuesday morning and always wake up either - very excited or dreading it so you are difinitely not alone!

I always try and see the positive in it - I count weigh in as day one of my new week so if there is a gain, well draw a line under it and start afresh xxx

11lb?! She must have been gutted

I get nervous every week even when I've been 100% I can't help it, cos I know sometimes we can be 100% and still put on/sts so we're never safe!! I always get the butterflies

Wow, 11lbs must be devastating!! Was she away for more than 1 week?

I get nervous too, as a result I run to group, I suppose that is a positive!

I break out in a sweat every time! I haven't had a gain so far so every weigh in I start to think that this is the week I've put on! Stupid really because I've stuck to plan 100%, but I know I'll feel exactly the same come next weigh day.

Two issues here. One is - at some time or another everyone gets nervous about weighing in. So you aren't any different from anyone else. The other is that if the weighing desk is positioned so that people in the queue can hear what other members have gained or lost, then the room has not been set up properly. The people in the queue shouldn't be that close. In our group there is no way I can hear what is said at the desk from the queue.

I didn't hear her say I lip
Read so totally my fault being nosey!
I went last night nervous bit positive as I've been 100% and I gained 4lb!! Cried my eyes out in front of everyone! Now I never wanna go back lol soo gutted but no idea how it hppened! That's body.... I hate u!

Oh no! Has your consultant asked you to do a food diary so she can check if you're going wrong somewhere? We all know the plan works, sometimes these things just happen. I bet you get it off next week!

She was with a newbie and I had to go back to work.... I spoke to one of the others tho and she said to do a diary and stay next week . So gutted tho.... No idea what's going on! Couldnt contain myself so just burst into tears! Thts the exact reason I hate class... I hate weighin myself and would never do it if I knew I was gonba gain! Some of us are destined to be FAT?!!!

yeah i always get really nervous before weigh in!

Hey Kerance, first of all you are not destined to be fat!!! There are all sorts of reasons why could have gained weight, time of month, water retention etc...You can't give up, you know you will only regret it. My advice would be to write everything down that you are eating and drinking for a few weeks. On the top write down how much you lost that week. If some weeks you feel more bloated or like things haven't gone as they should, see if there is something in your eating habits that are more evident for those weeks. I had a few problems with week 2 and 3, I felt bloated and it just wasn't working. from my food diaries I discovered I had eaten lots of cup a soups on those weeks at lunchtime. There is obviously something in them that does not work well with my body because I have stopped having them and the weight had came off steadily and I feel good. I hope this doesn't come across as a lecture, its meant to explain what I found helped me. Take care and don't give up. You can o this x

No one is destined to be fat! I know it feels like that sometimes. I think the hardest part of any plan is staying motivated when you have a gain. That's the time when it's most important to stay at group though, even though you might not feel like it. How about giving the consultant a ring? A lady I started with gained two weeks in a row and when she tried to quit she had a long phone call- she stayed and lost all the weight she put on.

If gaining once makes you like that....you need to change something. Everyone gains at some point (in my case i gain at least once every 3 weeks for absolutely no reason and it varies from 0.5lb to 2lb each time). This is just a suggest but have you tried visualisation to "help" lose weight its suppose to help you think positively by visualising yourself at your desired weight. Try coming up with positives everyday too, and believing that you have lost, the more you worry and think you are going to gain the more likely you will gain, its all psychological. Been there done it myself :)

Back