Does anyone else sneek on the scales mid week??? xx

Shelly Star x x

I know u should not but i just can't help it i always try get on the scaled b4 the weekend to see how i'm kind of getting on! Anyway i've just got on mine and i'm on my way to losing 4lbs this week so im hoping by Monday it may be more!
I'm rather happy really as i was losing will y'day as i had a few naughty things in work, well mini choc's but nothing too bad like!

:) x x
:p:):p

I do. Although I only officially record my weight once per week, it's the only way to guess whether an unexpectedly large or small weight loss was possibly the result of some sudden water retention or pee-fest rather than a general trend over the week (ie diet not suitable)

Ihave to be honest and say that I weigh myself every day but it seems to be working for me I know you are supposed to wait but I cant lol
Went on hols last month and one of the first things i bought was a set of scales (sad i know) but this is the first time i have been really motivated lol

I'm so glad i'm not the only one who does it.... I always tend to jump on Thur or Fri just coz it does give you a idea on how ur going and if u need to step up ur game for Monday when i offically get on the scales!
I dnt think there is out wrong with it, i think we are just honest hahaha i bet lots of people do it, it's hard not too!
How u both getting on with SW? x x

I don't own any scales so resist the temptation. I sometimes sneak a peak on Wii Fit though when I'm on there but that's always hard to judge anyway! xx

Was finding it a bit hard this week trying to get everything sorted after being away for a month so will know better tonight as computer was broken but going by the scales at WI i lost 8lbs while away so was well chuffed hope everything is working out ok with u xxxxxx

See page 2 Sneaky peekers lol thread started yesterday

Im a scale-a-holic and I syn most days ! but I aint hurtin no-one :sigh:

:rolleyes: I know I'm sad but I HAVE TO keep a check, at least, every other day.

I weigh every day too, but only "officially" record my Sunday weight.

For me it shows that weight can go up and down for all sorts of reasons, and if I only weighed once a week, I would miss those ups and downs - for instance, midweek I can be a pound down, then suddenly put on two by weigh day because I'm ovulating, my period is due, I haven't been to the loo, I've eaten a lot of salty food etc etc. If I only weighed once a week I would be gutted that I have put on, whereas I know its a temporary blip.

Do what works for you.

Ha ha! I was discussing this with my partner earlier as i never used to when following the plan before, (i've been on and off since my son was born 20 months ago) but i got back on plan just over a month ago and i've been scaled obsessed. It's every other day if not every day for me too - although i only record my weightloss on a Monday! ;) I'm wondering if this way is helping me focus and keep on track more than i ever did when attending group?

sealmylips
I do go to group every thursday but for some reason just have to get on the scales every day and it seems to keep me going and keep me more focused than I have ever been before for losing weight normally give up after 2 months lol

I go on more than once a day sometimes. It's terrible!

But unlike some of u I don't get biiggg loses. Well done guys

Yep - feels like confession time - I go at least once in morning and at bedtime. And that motivates me to keep on track. Couldn't imagine having no idea and turning up to group for an unknown surprise. Luckily my scales seem to agree with SW, so no major shocks, and I'm not changing the habit. When I put the scales away, then the troubles begin......

I do it a few times a week, only record my offical weight on monday though. I'm trying to stop doing it
as I do it on my wii fit and its not very accurate.

errrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmm

:break_diet: I go on every day morning and night, I know you're not supposed to but i get obsessed and I can't function unless I know.
I officially record my weight every sunday morning in my birthday suit.
I'm doing SW at home so don't worry there isn't a naturists club somewhere :eek: where we all get our kit off to weigh in.
I find it does help to keep me on track and I can usually predict what my sunday morning weight will be so no surprises.
:cry:unhappily this week I suspect I'll stay the same.

Back